16 - I Like You Too

Chapter 16

The sight of Rogziel's unconscious body quickly had me sitting up straight. I looked down and saw that I'm lying on a hospital bed. I looked around. This place seems familiar, it can be just like Dr. Fillington's hospital or maybe it is really Dr. Fillington's hospital.

I scanned the place more to check for any familiar things. Everything looks alien to me, aside from the ring and necklace I wore earlier, which were lying on a silver tray on the bedside table.

I looked down at what I am wearing. The usual hospital gown and bedsheets and pillows. I reached down on one of the logos printed on the bedsheet. It was something round, hollow in the middle and rough-looking--like a nest. Right there and then I knew I was already safe.

But Rogziel, is he okay? He isn't inside this room. Where is he? I hope he's safe. What about those 2 Angels that helped me? Where are they? And Nael?  I saw him earlier! I saw him! He was an Angel! How can I not know? I missed him, I missed my bestfriend.

I stepped down from the bed and shrugged off the white thin blanket that was sitting on my lap earlier. I started taking a step but when I did, I suddenly felt dizzy and everything dimmed for a while. I held on to the bed for support as I slowly sat down on the cold tiled floor. The machines near the other end of the bed rattled and made clanking noises as I held on the foot of the bed rather violently. God, I feel so weak.

Just right on cue, the door far from me suddenly opened, Rachiel and Dr. Fillington coming in, followed by Nael. I've never felt so happy to see them.

"Sophia!" Nael was the first one to shout as he sprinted towards me. Rachiel followed him, Dr. Fillington carrying a clipboard as she walked.

"Nael!" I exclaimed and hugged him tightly. After realizing that he had hidden something from me, I quickly pulled away from the hug and gave him a hard hit on his arm.

"Damn, Sophia!" He shouted while rubbing his arm, his face frowning. Rachiel and Dr. Fillington's faces looked shocked as they saw my pissed off face beaming on Nathanael.

"What was that for?" He asked hysterically, "Ow, I think it's broken. We didn't see each other for a long time and this is how you say hi?"

"You didn't tell me!" I shouted, pointing at him with my other hand on my hip, "How can I, your bestfriend, not know about you being an Angel?!"

He then looked down, his hand scratching the back of his head, "Yeah. Sorry about that. Apparently, I can't be your protector and your bestfriend if I'd let you know about the real me."

"That's ridiculous!" I exclaimed, "Bestfriends are supposed to know each other! You lied to me!" I shouted and was about to hit him again when he quickly pulled me into a bear-crushing hug.

"Come on, don't be too coy," He whispered, "And I didn't lie, I just didn't tell you. And please, I miss you Soph."

I instantly forgot the fact that he lied--okay, he didn't tell me about him being an Angel. I quickly put my arms around him and hugged him.

"Fine," I succumbed, "I miss you too, Nael."

"Now, if you don't mind," Rachiel suddenly interrupted, "Fillington is going to check on Sophia." She said.

Nael quickly pulled away from the hug and helped me get back on the bed. I swear I saw Rachiel glare at him. Oh, I can see rivalry here.

"How did you end up on the floor anyway?" Nael asked as he lets go of me. Dr. Fillington then started inspectioning my arms, which I have no idea why.

"Can you please just keep the questions to yourself first?" Rachiel asked rudely while shooting daggers at Nael.

"Shut up, I wasn't talking to you."  Nael said while rolling his eyes. Oh my. Since when did Nael roll his eyes? I looked at them back and forth as Dr. Fillington snaked her hand on my hospital gown to check on my stomach.