11

Collin handed me some colors and helped me put my stuff away "Don't worry kid, you Dad is just jealous that you got pink and purple hair and he only got pink." He laughed and I laughed with him. I do have to admit though, Daddy's office is certainly not boring anymore.

Caden P.O.V.

"Old McDonald had a farm! Ee-I, Ee-I-Ohh!" I swear this CD is from Satan himself. We have listened to this one song three times now! If I have to listen to anymore nursery rhymes I'm going to kill them. I really am going to kill them.

"Again! Again! Again!" Sophie was in her car seat in the back laughing her little tush off. I think she likes watching my ears bleed.

Collin reached for the replay button but I smacked his hand "No" I said simply.

''Bu-'' he began and I put my hand up.

"There is no need for you two gown men to scream nursery rhymes into my ears like you are apart of a death metal band who got kicked out of their record deal." I pushed out of my mouth quickly.

"Aw babe! The kid loves it. I hear Albert's voice.

I shake my head at him "Nope sorry honey buns" Albert smirked at me and Collins pretended to be hurt, placing a hand over his heart.

Finally some peace and quiet.

Sitting at my desk I stared at the pile of papers. Sophia is asleep in my bed once again and Albert went out with Collin. Glancing at the clock I see that it's 1 a.m. I made it through at least a quarter of work but I still had 3 more stacks. Gosh I feel like I'm back as a senior in high school during the last few days of school. I just want to be done but nooo. There is always that one teacher who thinks they can rule your life in those last few days.

Opening a new email on my computer I see a new message from my long time business partner and friend Isaac Wills. He asked about how Sophia is doing and how he recently decided to foster two girls. I emailed him back answering the questions kindly then saying that our kids should have a play date.

Maybe Sophie is too old for that... Nah she's young enough to have one.

Leaning back in my chair me and Isaac talked for a while then said our goodbyes. Shutting down my computer I shut my office lights off and walk into the dark hallway. I reached my room and noticed that the TV is on.

Sophia.

Looking in I see my little girl holding her monkey watching Strawberry Shortcake. "Soph, baby, why are you up?" I question while laying down next to her on the bed. She has her little Disney princess PJs on and her hair in a French braid.

"I'm not tired" she whispered not taking her eyes away from the TV. I chuckled at the entertained child.

"Well I am. I need my princess sleep" I grumbled and put mg hands behind my head.

Sophie turned her body to face me "am I a princess?" She asked quietly.

I smiled and nodded "you can be whatever you want so long as you stay my little girl" she nodded and looked down at her monkey.

"Do you want your own room baby?" I asked just realizing that she has slept in my bed for the past few days.

She smiled and nodded "yeah!" She jumped up excited.

We talked for a while about what color she wanted and maybe even a theme. She wanted a big princess bed with pink walls or purple. She can't decide. Maybe even polka dots who knows. Its late. By the time we finished our conversation I got my little monkey to lay down and on the verge of sleep. "Can we make my room tomorrow daddy?" She asks halfheartedly. I threw the covers over our bodies and layed my arm over her stomach

"Of course."

__________________________

Holy moly peeps!!!!! This book has 5.76k reads!! You guys that is awesome. Thank you and you all are babes ❤❤❤ so just in case you didn't see I put in a tiny part about my other book. It includes Isaac Wills and 2 new foster children. I would love if you read that because the Davidson family will be in that story just like the Wills in this book. Last this is if any of you have any ideas for this story feel free to give input. I would gladly try to put your ideas in the book! Again thanks for the reads and likes and comments! You guys are the best!

Peace out peeps

Edited