27

I laid under the blankets while daddy sat with his lap top on leaving a glow in the pitch black room. He had his glasses on and was doing work. Daddy had his right hand scrolling through his emails while his left hand petted my hair. I scooted closed to his leg and closed my eyes

"Goodnight Baby" Daddy whispered

"Night night daddy"

Sophia P.O.V.

*Tick*

*Tick*

*Tick*

What is that? I rolled over and pulled the blankets tighter to me. Holy cookies its cold! I snuggled closer to Daddy and slowly opened my eyes. The room was still dark but the curtains were pulled back enough to see the moon still high in the sky.

*Tick*

Sitting up I rub the sleep from my eyes. I watch as a tiny rock hits against the window with the tick sound. Crawling out of bed I creep over to the window. If Daddy knew you was out of bed he would be so mad! A tiny voice whispered in my head. I pulled the curtain back a little farther and looked out of the window.

At first I thought I was dreaming. It's not real. Mommy took me away from him. I could feel tears running down my cheeks as I was the black figure wave up at me the slowly begin the walk down the gravel road that lead up to the house. Before I could even process what happened I was on the floor in a ball.

"Sophia?" Daddy called out into the dark room. I could tell that he was worried but when he turned on the lamp he became even more worried.

"Shopia come here baby" he tried to coax me up to the bed. I didn't move from my spot on the floor. I did what Mommy always told me to do when my daddy at my old home was being mean.

Stay small, hide.

I watched as daddy got out of his bed and walk over to me. He bent down to my height and tried to put a hand on my shoulder. I pull away quickly and look up at him.

I can't breathe.

I need air.

Go. Go. Go.

I could feel my nails begin to dig into my arms and I start to rock back and forth a little bit. "Sophia? Bug what's wrong?" Daddy tried to pull me into his lap. Screaming my hands lash out at his hands, I snapped.

Can't breathe.

Running out of the unfamiliar room and down the dark hall I could hear Caden yell my name. I didn't look back.

I need air.

Running down stairs and through different rooms my vision is slowly clouding over with tears and my lungs burn. Finally I pick a random room and run into it. The bedroom was empty except for a bed and dresser. I open a door to the left and see it's a bathroom. Quickly I open the cupboard under the sink and crawled to the back. I closed the door enough so a little sliver of light is let inside.

Closing my eyes I take deep breaths and I wipe some stray tears off my face. I coughed a little trying to catch my breath. Opening my eyes I watch the light. So pretty and bright. My Mommy always said if you get stuck at a fork in the road and both of them are dark, pick the lighter path.

I smile relaxing into the tight hiding place for a second before the light disappears.

Someone is standing in front of the cupboard.

Caden P.O.V.

"Relax Cade, she couldn't of gotten far." My mother puts a reassuring hand on my back.

"Oh trust me, she can get pretty far with that little mind of hers." I mumble with my head in my hands. First thing I know is that she was crying in a ball, next thing poof, she was out of our room and gone.

"Well we have checked everywhere else in this godforsaken house except the east wing." Albert and Collin come down the hallway and back into the living room. Great. Standing up I walk out of the living room and into the entrance of the house. The east wing starts right after the entrance hall. Something isn't right, the hall is too bright for it being this late. Before I even got close to the east wing my blood turns cold.

The front door was open wide. Fear filled my whole body. Sophia wouldn't be able to unlock that door. Its too high for her to reach. Someone was inside the house. I ran outside to see nothing out of the ordinary. No awkward cars, no creepy people in all black, and especially no Sophie.

My mind was a mess with only one word.

Go. Go. Go.

__________________________

So am I evil for doing this?

I feel really bad for leaving this chapter like this but maybe I'll update very soon... We'll see!

I hope you all get some French Fries 🍟🍟🍟

Peace my Peeps!! ✌🐣🐤🐥