Chapter 32

"Good morning Rosie!" My heels clacked as I pass the doorman, Harry, with a slight smile.

"Hello Harry. How are you today?" He was stood at his post like always. His red velvet jacket was clean and pressed to perfection. Harry was always a perfectionist. Harry was a young man, average height, dirty blonde curly locks hidden under his uniform hat. I actually remember the day he came into the Stein office looking for the open position for a desk worker. The interview didn't work out obviously. But instead he got the doorman. As far as I knew he lived in a tiny one bedroom apartment in one of the many Davidson buildings, alone. He makes sure that I know he is alone. For about three years he has attempted to get just one chance of a date. Just one. Harry is persistent if anything. 

"I'm am great thanks for asking. How is the big guy?" I ask standing in the door way. No one was here just yet. Harry was required to be here right at 6 a.m. I normally get to work shortly after. John doesn't show up until 9 but at least that means I can get everything organized and have his coffee on his table before he even steps out of the elevator. Today was different however. I got a call about 4 in the morning from my boss. Telling me that he was already at work and that he would not need his morning coffee. Something was wrong. 

"I heard from the janitor he looks like he hasn't slept in weeks Rosie. Be careful. You now how he gets when he is stressed." I nod and walk through the door way and straight to the elevator. For the love of all things great, please don't let he be drunk.

_________________

"Why doesn't she love me Rosilina?" Another crystal paperweight flies at the beige wall and shatters to the ground. John's normally straight hair is ruffled and pulled out into different directions. All the stacks of perfectly filed papers that I put on his desk last night were now strewed all over the floor. There goes those extra 2 hours of sleep I lost out on last night go to the trash bin. 

"What do you mean John? What is wrong?" I asked carefully. 

"Janette. She cheated on me with some lawyer down on the east side of town. She says that she wants to leave me Rosilina!" There goes the stapler. That didn't really matter to me. The damned thing never worked for me anyway.

"Why can't she just love me the way you do?" He cries into his hands and leans back into his chair. 

"Sir, I do not love you in the way that your wife does." I try to correct him. Lead him into the right state of thinking. 

"You love me?" His cries stopped and slowly he rose from his seat and walked around his desk to stand a few feet in front of myself. 

"We-well John, I I have a deep care about you but I wouldn't say th-" before I could finish his lips were on mine and had a hand holding my head to his. Shock captured my mind while the taste of red wine stains his lips. It took all of my strength to push him off of me. 

"I will go get your coffee. You just, sit there and sober up." I rushed out of the office faster than I ever thought possible in these heels and straight to the elevator. I didn't look at his face. The break room was on the 8th floor but I felt that the Starbucks two blocks down the street was a better option. 

_________________

"I need a Venti Black Coffee with two creamers and a Venti Vanilla Bean Frappuccino please" I stood in line for about 10 minutes due to the now big morning rush. 

"Name?" the young girl looked way too happy for 7 in the morning. Her long golden hair was tied into a low pony and traveled all the way to her lower back. She couldn't have been any older than 18. 

I smiled "Rosilina" she wrote my name on both cups. She told me it might be a little bit of a wait and that I should sit down until my name is called. Sitting in one of the chairs near the pick up counter I listened to the bustle of the cafe and the low volume of the TV.

"Mr. Caden Davidson was seen walking into his main office with his brother, Collin Davidson, assistant, Albert Ferns, and supposed adopted daughter, Spohia."

My ears perk up at the sound of my child's name. It can't be? Looking at the TV I see the one and only Davidson holding my heart. Men with camera all pushing to get close and bodyguards pushing them back. The group swiftly walk into the building and I watch as Sophia looks back and waves. That's my baby!

"Rosilina!" Running to the desk I grab the cups and head back on my trek back to the Stein building with one goal on my mind. 

Caden Davidson has my daughter. 

Not for long baby.