19

I put my phone into the cup holder next to me and stepped on the gas. It is going to be a fun dinner tonight.

I walk a little fast into the daycare to pick up my baby. "Hello Mr. Davidson!" The owner smiled and handed me the check out book. I smiled and greeted her back. "I'll send for Sophie to be brought up to the front" I thanked her and sat down on one of the chairs once I was finished with signing her out.

My foot taped on the ground impatiently for my daughter. She better have been good.

"Daddy!" I hear her squeal from the door. I smile and pick up her running body.

"Hey babe" Sophie hands me a picture and I look at it. Its a drawing of her and I think a unicorn... Knowing her it is probably a unicorn.

"Isn't it pretty? Ms. Embry helped me write my name Daddy." I looked at Sophie's almost unlegible writing.

You can figure that out once you get into school.

"Very good Soph. Say thank you to the nice lady." She waves towards the owner and we walk out of the office.

I see Embry following a line of kids into the room "Bye Ms. Embry!" Soph shouts and she smiles back and waves.

Whoa she is pretty..

"Bye Sophia, Bye Mr. Davidson." She then disappeared into the room with all the little kids.

Okay Sophia you will now be enrolling in Sunshine daycare.

I need to see her again.

Its a need!

Need!

I carry out my princess and set her into her booster seat in the back "were you good today babe?" I ask while buckling her up. She just nods and I close her door.

Driving down the road I put in her new favorite One Direction CD.

(Don't judge me for loving Liam 😭)

I turned down the music so I could talk to Sophie "What did you do today?"

I looked at Soph though my rearview mirror "We played dolls, colored, and okayed outside. And Ms. Embry made me put on this banana smelly stuff called sunscreen! It was gross. But she said that it protects us from the suns harmful rays" She used her little fingers to make quotations.

I laughed and focused of driving to the pizza restaurant. We should be right on time "Well did you make any new friends?" I ask hopeful. I mean who couldn't love my little sassy bundle?

"Um not really daddy, the girls there were mean." She stated quietly.

My eyebrows squeezed together "They were mean? What do you mean baby?" I pull into a parking stall and turned around in my seat.

"They said I couldn't play with them because I was a baby." She said looking down at her monkey.

I laughed a little "you are far from a baby my dear, more like a little teen if I say so." She laughed and I got out of the car.

"Welcome to Papi's would you like a table of booth?" I told the hostess to get a booth. "Children's menu?" She asked once she looked at Sophia. I nodded. We followed the girl and I helped Soph into the booth then I followed behind her. The host told us that our waiter would be here shortly then left.