14

Sophia rolls her eyes but gets back up and starts painting the wall "and lose the attitude as well Sophia." I check on Albert to see him curled into a ball on the floor and Collin sneaking pepperoni off of Sophia's pizza.

"This is nice Cade. Smart idea" Albert's voice came out from the his ball formed body. I smirked and continued to eat my pizza while watching Sophie. We sat in silence for a while. By now the pepperoni on her pizza was gone, thanks to Collin, and Sophia was slowly getting tired.

"Come here Sophia, uncle Collin made your dinner cheese pizza" I said enthusiastically. She instantly put the paint brush down and came over to me. She sat in my lap and I handed her plate to her.

Albert was almost asleep until I nudged him with my boot "Ugh what do you need you highness?" He lifted his head up to look at me and Soph.

I smirked and turned my head towards the paint buckets "Its your turn peasant" I laughed when he sat his head on the floor again. Collin laughed with me but got up, grabbed a brush and got started.

"No way! I am comfortable right here. I'm not moving unless you get up and paint too butthead!" Sophia giggled and leaned back on me.

"Why are you laughing trouble maker?" He grumbled and squinted his eyes.

Sophia shook her head "Daddy can't paint! Daddy has to be a chair for me!" She burst out in giggles. I was more shocked that she might choke on her pizza than the sass that she sent at Albert.

I told her to not talk, or giggle, with her mouth open while Al unballed himself and started painting. "Chair my àss" he muttered but I choose to ignore it. I am more that happy to be a chair for her than paint. I don't know why we didn't just pay someone to do it for us.

I looked at my watch to see that its 10:38. Whoa that's late. "Hey bug let's get you to bed yeah?" I ask Sophia who is half way to dream land. I stand up with her in my arms and excused ourselves from the room. Collin and Albert also decide to call it a night. I walked down the hallway attempting to keep her awake just so I can get PJs in her. One thing I noticed with Soph is that she gets very clingy when she is tired.

I entered my room and layed her on my bed " What pajamas do you want to wear buggy?" I ask while opening the closest and pulling out two pairs of clothes.

"Cinderella or Rainbow Unicorn?" I offer.

She just shakes her head and rolls over onto her tummy "noffin" she mumbles into the bed. I raise my eyebrows in confusion.

What is 'noffin' ?

I walk over to the bed and layed the clothes on the bed "What did you say babe?" I ask while rolling her over back onto her back.

I sit her up and help her undress "I don't want to wear anything." I chuckle and step back.

"Well I am going to change quick, I need your little butt in PJs and into bed when I come back, okay sleepy?" I push back some of her baby hairs. She just lays back and nods.

I came back to see Sophia asleep under the blankets.

She must've picked something to wear.

I crawl into bed next to her and shut off the light. I rolled over and faced my sleeping baby. I started to think about how tomorrow she won't be sleeping in my bed but in her own. Let me tell you, that is a scary thought. But soon after that she will be in school. She'll have a best friend who she will want to have sleep over with.

Sophia will want a cell phone probably around 10. I'll need to get her one of those. She will also want ten or so cases like every 10 year old girl does. Maybe I can put a GPS on it so I can make sure that she doesn't go anywhere I don't want her to.

Then she will be 16 and begging to have a car, which I will give her, any car she wants. Then I will really need to put a tracking device on her. I don't want her to think that she can just drive to California if she is mad at me. That would certainly not be good.

I will need to make sure I keep all those boys away from her. Maybe a all girls school will be good for her. Yes, definitely a all girls school. I could always buy her a bodyguard. Homeschooling is always an option. I do not need any boys around my baby. No thank you. I will need to get a shotgun as well. Just for a precaution.

Oh gosh what am I doing?

What is this kid doing to me?

I'm worrying about what car I am going to get my daughter for her 16th birthday when she is only 5. Blocking out my thoughts I glance at the clock on the table behind Sophia's head.

12:13

How long have I been laying here thinking?

Laying back down I check on Sophie. She is asleep though some of her baby hairs still lay over her face. I brush them away and look at her closer.

Is this weird or no?

I'm not sure honestly. I don't think it is.

Soon my eyes began to close. "Goodnight Soph" I whisper and began to slowly fall asleep. Not before I noted in my head to make sure she gets dressed for bed more carefully though. Because I can see Cinderella and rainbow unicorn thrown over the chair hiding and my little girl in only underwear.

____________________

In all honesty I used to do this when I was little. My excuse was that I wanted to be 'free' I don't know why haha.

Anyway how is it going my wonderful readers?

How's the story so far?

Luvs ya peeps!

Peace

Edited