29

My face was wet with my own tears. I looked in front of my to see a lady with brown hair in the drivers seat. She looked back at me and gave me a small smile "nice you meet you Ms. Sophia, my name is Julie."

"What do you remember from last night Mr. Davidson?"

I looked at my hands that lay in my lap. My knuckles on my right hand are wrapped up in a bandage due to my anger outbursts on a wall. I won.

"I told you, she was here one second then gone the next." I clench my hand and hear the tiny pop sounds almost echo in the empty living room. Detectives separated my whole family to be able to get everyone's story without any "cross contamination". They're treating us like suspects. It's my dámn kid!

"Mhmm, now it says here they you are in the legal process of adopting this little girl" what does this have to do with my daughter?

"Yes."

He nodded at looked down at his notebook to write down his thoughts "you said you received a phone call from a man saying what exactly?"

"I got a call from some man saying that he helped Ms. Julie Michaels kidnap my daughter from my parents home in exchange for $50,000." The detective wrote down what I said while nodding. I watched as a man dusted one of my mother's fancy vases in hopes for finger prints.

"Mhmm.... then what did you do?" I rolled my eyes. Why are you asking these stupid questions? You all need to find my daughter!

"By the time I got that phone call I have red and blue flashing lights outside of the house. I didn't have any time to do anything else!" by now I was standing up yelling at everyone to get their butts in gear and find my daughter. I didn't even have time to realized a woman's arms wrapped around my torso.

"Oh Caden what happened? Where is Sophie?" I looked down to see a head of blonde hair and I could feel tears soaking into m t-shirt. Embry. I was confused by the fact that she was here until I looked up at Albert to see a smirk on his face. I hugged Embry back and shooed the detective away. I just need to be with my family right now.

Holy Coconuts! This is one short chapter. I'm sorry guys I have been very inactive lately. Thank you all for the wonderful comments and likes for me to receive when I got back. Let me know how you like the story so far! I have a few more chapters coming up too since I'm not drowning in homework and work in general.

Luvs you Peeps!!!

Peace