24

"What is so funny?" She asked while looking super close to Al's apron. I pulled her away and sat her back on the stool.

"This is why I enrolled you in school."

I sat in the kitchen with Albert and Collin. Soph went to bed early with a stomach ache. I told her it was because she didn't really eat but she didn't agree. I nervously pressed call on the new phone number. The phone rang for a few seconds then picked up quickly

E: hello?

She answered! I didn't actually think she would. You know the 'new number, don't answer rule'?

Collin left saying his good nights. I waved him off quickly,

C: hi um is this Embry Elis?

Oh goodness, why am I nervous? Are my hands sweating? It must be hot in here. I don't get neverous over some girl.

E: depends on who's asking

Smart girl. I like it.

C: it's Caden Davidson

Please don't sound creepy. It sounds creepy. She is probably creeped out. Creep.

E: oh? How did you get this number?

Yep I am a total creeper.

C: uhm that doesn't really matter right now... But I was just wondering how uh-Sophie was today. Yeah. How was Soph?

Good cover dude. Totally not awkward.

Albert rolled his eyes at my nervousness and flipped me off "guess I'm not getting any tonight huh?" I pushed his hands out of my face and flip him off "go to bed." I whispered to him. I listened for Embry's reply while watching him saunter out of the kitchen.

E: yeah, okay, well Sophia was great today. I had to leave work early though. Mrs. Dickins fired me for no reason. How are you?

I still can't believe that that lady fired her. How rude!

C: I'm great! I'm really busy but I'm doing good.

Ugh I really don't want to talk about work.

E: Busy? How so?

I roll my eyes with the continued talk on work. I hate it.