Chapter 3

Violet's POV
I woke up with a big head ache. I got over it quickly because I needed to get to school, I'm still very nervous about my first day. I took a shower and scrubbed my body with my berry body wash and washed my hair with my berry shampoo.

Finding an outfit for me was always quick and easy. I put on my high waisted black shiny leggings and my white cropped tank top and my leather jacket. I wrapped rollers in my hair and let it air dry as I started my makeup. I did my eyebrows, eyeliner, mascara, and lip balm. I slipped on my hoop earrings and took the rollers out of my hair. The curls landed long down my back, all the way to the middle of my bottom. I put on my black wedges and grabbed my backpack and tried sneaking out without running into my dad.

"You", he slurred. I stopped in my tracks with my hand on the front door. "Buy me more beer after school or I'll beat the hell out of you", he said crushing his beer can and throwing it on the ground. "Oh, this house is dirty. You're going to clean it too", he growled. I hurried out the front door and started walking to school.

People stared as I walked past them inside the building. I heard whispers and hoots and hollers. Some preppy looking girls were about to walk past me but they stopped me. "Oh my, where did you get those gorgeous shoes", one asked. I glanced down and noticed most of the girls at this school wore tennis shoes or small pumps. "I got them in California", I murmured. "Ooo how classy. Are you new here", the blonde one asked. "Um yeah", I responded trying to figure them out. "You should sit with us at lunch", she said. The one with strawberry red hair took a piece of my hair and marvelled at it. "Wow, you're something. This hair is to die for, how did you get it like this", the blonde asked in shock. I felt really uncomfortable with them. They had this vibe about them like they could cause trouble. "My mother use to work with hair in Hollywood and she left her job and I had these hair dyes left over", I said. They smiled at me, "Nice, we'll see you then at lunch", she asked. I really didn't want to at all. "Sure, but I have to find my locker, bye", I said turning the corner.

Taking a deep breath I got myself together and finally found my locker. I'm so glad it's away from people. I opened it and put my back pack inside and took out a notebook and pencil. My schedule says I have history first, so I also grabbed my textbook.

People still stared as I walked to class and I made sure to avoid eye contact with people, because I hated confrontation. The bell rang and I couldn't find my class. Damn, I thought, my first day and I'm already late. I knew how to run in high shoes so I did just that and eventually came across the classroom. I let myself control my breathing before opening the door and being greeted by a bunch of eyes.

"Well aren't you a charmer. Nice to meet you, welcome to history. I'm Mrs. Evans", the teacher I'm assuming said. She was kinda too friendly for a teacher in my opinion. I smiled at her. "Hello", I mumbled. She pointed to the back where a bunch of tough guys were sitting and I noticed that kid I helped out the other day. "You can take a seat back there", she said. Some of the clean cut, well dressed guys in the front protested. "Don't make her sit with a bunch of dirty greasers", the guy hollered at the teacher. "Watch your mouth", someone shouted from the back. I mentally crawled into a ball and hid. "How about you sit with us, don't want a nice broad like yourself to sit with filth", he said grabbing my hand. I smiled at him because I didn't want to have another problem with these rich kids. "I appreciate your gesture, but those guys hadn't done me wrong. I'm going to take my seat now", I mumbled. He let go of my hand and I walked to the back and those boys hooted at me. I huffed to myself and took a seat behind Johnny. The teacher announced something about getting in groups and reading about the gold rush or something like that. The tough kids around me spun around immediately to talk to me as soon as the teacher let us to it.

I only recognized Johnny. I smiled at him and placed a hand on his arm. "Hey Johnny boy, feeling better", I asked. He smirked, "Yeah, good night's rest helped", he said scratching his chin.

"You know this broad Johnny", someone asked. He made me a little upset, just the way he said broad. "And you are", I asked. He scrunched his eyebrows and tugged on his leather jacket. "Keith, but call me Two-Bit", he said. The other guys were listening in on our conversation. "What about you guys huh", I asked looking over at them. "I'm Ponyboy", he said quietly. I examined him, I think I could be good friends with him. He seems like the most sharp if you want to put it that way.
The guy next to him was carving at the top of his desk with a blade. "I'm Dallas, Dallas Winston", he said looking at me.

"Well, I'm Violet", I said.