Chapter 6

Violets POV
After school I started walking towards the store and I walked past a liquor store. I walked inside and I bought two cases of beers and some whiskey. I made sure that know one saw me and I walked inside the little food market and used what ever money we had left over to buy my dad some tv dinners. Looks like I won't be eating tonight I guess, but it didn't bother me because I'm use to not eating a lot.

I made the short walk home and Dad was watching tv. "Did you bring my stuff", he boomed. "Yes", I murmured taking the groceries and putting them away. "Hand me a case of beer and leave me alone you useless broad", he said. He got up and I handed it to him and he yanked it from my hands and locked himself in his room.

My stomach was growling so I drank a glass of water hoping that it somehow helped.
My body was still sore and my nose and eye hurt real bad.

I heard a car honk outside and I decided to go and check it out.
I gasped at the sight before me. "Hop in Violet, we're going to the drive in", Dallas hollered. I immediately shook my head, "I can't I have stuff to do", I said coming up with a horrible excuse. "Oh come on, we're not taking no for an answer", Sodapop said. I huffed and zipped up my jacket. I climbed into the back of the truck and Two-Bit and Steve made sure I didn't fly out.

The drive there was actually fun, the guys cheered me up a bit.
"So Violet, have a boyfriend", Ponyboy asked curiously. "No, never have", I said. Steve and Two-Bit looked shocked. "No way. A gorgeous girl like yourself", he shouted. I giggled, "I never really tried and I was always distant from people", I said.

We finally made it and when we got there we saw Darrel at the entrance buying us a ticket.
"If you're wondering, we dropped him here because we decided last minute that we wanted to go and get you", Dallas hollered from inside the truck. We drove in and everyone climbed out. Darry came over and put his hands around my waist and helped me out. I felt butterflies in my stomach but I managed to keep cool. "Thanks", I squeaked. Wow, so much for cool, I thought. He set me down, "No problem, how about some snacks", he asked. "Hey we're going with you guys", Johnny hollered.

So all of us as a group walked over to the concession stand and grabbed popcorn and soda. I reached in my pocket and bought a small pack of licorice. I was about to open them when Johnny gripped my arm. "What is it", I asked turning to him. My eyes met that Bob guy and his friends. Some snooty broad had her arms around Bob. "We don't want no trouble now", Sodapop said getting in front of Johnny. Bob locked eyes with me and got in my face. All the guys jumped to my aid. "Now you back off now", Darry threatened. Bob glared at him. "That's the filthy broad that kicked me in the balls", Bob shouted.
The girl all over him got angry. Before I knew it she poured her whole soda in my face. That's when I lost it. I lept forward and tackled her to the ground and started hitting her. She screamed and I felt a hands pull me off her. "You're going to regret doing that you tramp", Bob seethed helping his girl up. "Oh no, I'm so scared", I said sarcasticly. They walked away and I tried wiping the sofa off my jacket.

"Woah, you're tough, we'll get him eventually", Steve said patting my back. I looked up at the guys. They were looking at me carefully. "Violet I think your makeup is rubbing off", Johnny said touching my cheek. He had concealer on his fingers. I mentally screamed and I shielded my face. "Don't be like that, you're one hell of a catch either way", Two-Bit chuckled. I pushed past them and ran to the truck. I looked at myself in the shoulder mirror and gasped. The makeup had completely come off now. I took off my jacket and tried seeing if I could shield myself. I even tried seeing whatever was leftover to try and cover my black eye and broken nose. It was no use, I got frustrated and wiped the excess off and I looked like a busted mess. "Violet what's wrong", Ponyboy shouted running over. All the guys followed and I held my jacket over my face. "Come on now doll, we don't judge", Darry said softly.
I felt myself sniffle, "I'm going to go home", I announced. They all were clearly upset, "If it's because of Bob, screw that guy alright", Dallas added. "Just please take me home", I begged. "Violet please don't be sad", Johnny said touching my shoulder. I pulled away, "It's not about Bob, I just don't feel comfortable ok. I don't want people to see me", I mumbled. Someone gripped my jacket and fear filled my body. "Come on Violet, we're your friends", Steve said. "I just want to be alone then. Go watch your movie, I'll sit in the back of the truck", I suggest. He sighed and pulled away. "Alright but we'll be right over there if you need anything", he said. I heard their footsteps walk away and I peaked from behind my jacket. I sighed in relief and I climbed into the back of the truck. I faced away from everyone and put my jacket in my lap.

After about an hour I felt a tap on my shoulder and I jolted awake and scrambled for my jacket and tried hiding my face again.