Chapter 14

Violet's POV
It was getting late and Johnny put on his clothes and kissed me goodbye. "Love you babes", he said. I dropped the blanket from my body and he kissed me.

"Love you too", I said. He left and the day had went by kinda quickly. It was already 5. I walked into my bathroom and looked at my hair. The purple faded out over the week most likely from jumping in the fountain to save Pony.

I grabbed a box of pink purple dye and applied it all over and I put on Mickey mouse and waited 35 minutes.

____

I took a shower and the water looked so pretty from the hair dye. I felt like I was covered in stuff, like dirty from doing it.

I got out and towel dried my hair. Eventually it dried all together and my wavy hair looked so pretty. It looked pink and purple. It faded to purple and was pink at the roots.

I did my best usual makeup and I put on concealer for my nose.
My outfit was like what I normally wear. I put on my high waisted jeans, black long sleeve crop top and leather jacket. I put on my red heels and hoops.

Johnny would be gone, so I decided to head out and grab some food from the store to make.

___

The walk was short considering it was only two blocks over. The market was small but I grabbed a cart and walked around and grabbed some noodles, and pasta sauce and some beef.

I grabbed some cookies, more popcorn, chips, candy, soda, and some milk.

The lady checked me out and I grabbed all my bags and made the walk home.

Darrels truck came barreling down and he pulled over. I noticed the gang was there they looked frantic.

"What's up you guys", I asked not looking at Darrel. Sodapop looked scared. "Ponyboy just left and he hasn't come home. Johnny is gone too", He said.

"Maybe they lost track of time, Johnny told me this morning he was going to hang with Pony tonight", I said.

"Well it's 10 and they should've been back", Darrel piped in.

"Hop in", Steve said. I huffed and my heels clicked against the concrete. I opened the side door and squeezed in. "But first I have to drop off my groceries", I said.

___

The dropped me off and I quickly put the stuff away and shut off everything and locked up the house. I jogged back over to his pick-up and we sped off towards the park. We passed the junkyard and the car halted to a stop and we all piled out.

I stepped onto the road and there were tire marks leading all the way onto the grass that leads to the park.

All the guys were checking the junkyard but I ran on the grass towards the playground. There were beer bottles smashed near the front of the fountain and I stepped on something and I slipped and caught myself on the fountain.

It was a switch blade, but it was covered in blood. I got so scared at this point. I scanned the area and saw a trail of blood.

"No", I choked. "Johnny, Ponyboy", I shouted.
I ran around the fountain and came across a body, but not just any body. Bob Sheldon.

I gasped in relief and clutched my stomach and I almost blew chunks. "You guys", I shouted.

I could hear footsteps behind me. "Violet what did you find them", Two Bit shouted. "No but you're going to wanna see this", I shouted.

Boy were all of them surprised to see a dead Bob on the ground.
"We have to find them", Darrel shouted. While they all argued I noticed something.

"You guys, look, Dallas isn't here. Maybe they ran scared and went to him. They're fine", I suggest feeling nervous.

"That's my kid brother, he could be hurt", Darrel muttered. I didn't want to talk to him.

"How about you guys go home and call Dallas, who knows where that guy could be", I exclaimed.

I just hope those two were safe.
They couldn't have gone far... Right?

____

That night I couldn't tossed and turned. I worried about them two. They could be scared. Bob is dead so of course they'd run away.

I felt a little sick so I slept in the living room where it was more cooler.

Through the night I felt nervous but eventually I woke up at 11 in the morning.

I walked over to the phone and called the Curtis house. "Hey Sodapop. Did they show up", I asked. I could tell he'd been crying.

"No, we're worried sick", he whispered. "They're fine, I'm sure they'll be back tomorrow maybe", I said trying to keep their hopes up.

"I don't know Violet, we'll call you tomorrow ok", he said.

"Ok, bye", I said. I hung up the phone and I knew deep down that this was serious because they killed someone.

I walked over to my room and crawled into bed. I started crying, because they didn't deserve it. Eventually I cried myself to sleep.

That's all I did that entire day, cry and lock myself away in my room. Being worried sick about people I care about.

When night came they still didn't show, and I told myself that everything was ok.