Chapter 17

Violet's POV
I noticed Dallas wasn't here. "Where's Dallas at", I asked. Darrel walked inside the kitchen and started cooking the boys dinner.

"He's over at Tim's probably sleeping the day away", Ponyboy said. "I think I'll pay him a visit. See how he is", I said.

"Good luck doll. He won't talk to none of us", Two Bit snorted.
I got up and I said bye to everyone. "Nice meeting you Evie", I said before I shut the door.

___

Tim's place wasn't far from my house it was a couple blocks behind the Dingo.

I wonder what it was like back in the Dingo. Boss man said I'd always have a job there, that I became family.

I parked the car and got out and looked at the two story place. There was a light up sign and it was off.

I knocked on the door and I heard shuffling inside.
The door swung open and I was met by a tall man, he was handsome but not my type.

"Now isn't it my lucky day", he said eyeing me up and down. I was about to cuss him out when Dallas walked down the stairs. Shirtless may I add.

"Tim leave her alone she's with me", he mumbled. Tim looked at me one last time and walked away. I walked inside and shut the door.

"What are you doing here Violet", he muttered going back up the stairs assuming I'd follow.

"The guys tell me you haven't been around. This isn't you Dallas", I said softly following him into his room.

There was beer everywhere. I grabbed the trash can bin and went around the room picking up his trash.

"I don't need no maid", he barked. I set the trash down. "I know you don't but this room is a mess", I said back.

He climbed back into bed and covered himself with the blankets. It was so gloomy in here so I walked over and opened the blinds.

"Damnit Violet, go bug someone else", he shouted. I felt a pang of hurt at that. He groaned from under the covers. "I didn't mean it like that", he said.

I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, "No you did. I'll see myself out. I just came to see how you are is all", I whispered.

I was about to leave, "Violet wait. I'm sorry", he said. I spun around and he really did look like crap. "I'm a jerk I know that. But ever since Johnny died, I couldn't stand it. He was like a brother. I haven't left the place in weeks", he said.

I took a seat on his bed, "Hey, if I can drag my ass out of bed, so can you", I laughed. He chuckled and ruffled his hair. "How you been doll", he asked.

I touched my stomach, "Rather pregnant", I said. His eyes went wide and he scooted over to me. "No way, who's is it", he asked quickly.

"Who do you think", I added. He looked so shocked. "How far are you", he asked. "Almost 5 months", I said.

"Can I um, feel", he asked.
I grabbed his hands and they fit somewhat perfectly around my belly. "This is all I'll ever have left of him", I said.

"You got the gang doll. We'll help you raise the baby", he said.
I smiled, "I know, and I'm so glad. You guys are the only family I have left", I admitted.

"What are you doing right now", he asked randomly. I rubbed my stomach. "Was going to go home and make spaghetti for dinner. Want to come", I asked.

He got up, "Sure", he said.

____

Dallas and I went back to my place and I let him watch some tv while I changed my shirt. I put on a long sleeve black top that really showed off my baby belly.

I put my hair in a ponytail and headed over to the kitchen and started making dinner.

Dallas came over and we talked about how he was and I told him I visited the gang. "I sure miss em", he sighed.

We finished dinner and I put our plates in the sink and cleaned them. My phone started ringing and I signalled for Dallas to get it.
"Oh hey Darrel. What, she's cleaning plates... She got me to come out of my room. Yeah, she let me eat dinner with her. I'll tell her. Ok see you soon", he said putting the phone down.

"What did he want", I asked. Dallas grabbed his coat. "Wanted us to come over and spend time with the gang", he said.

I put the plates away and wiped my hands. "Sounds good. Let's go then", I said.

___

I drove us over and I knocked on the door. "Yay you guys are here. We just poured chips into the bowl", Steve said.

We walked inside and I took a seat on the couch and I could see Ponyboy looking at my baby belly.

"Pony are you ok", I asked concerned. He rubbed the back of his neck. "I just can't believe you're going to have Johnny's kid. It's like he'll always be with us", he said.

I rubbed his back, "Do you think you can handle a child", he asked me.

"I'll try", I said rubbing my stomach. I felt the baby kick and I noticed it was multiple kicks.

"I think the baby is happy about something", I laughed.