Chapter 12

Violet's POV
Eventually they left and Johnny peeked at me under the blanket. "Don't you worry bout' them fools babes, if anything they're probably jealous. You're the most beautiful girl ever. Banging body and everything", he said chuckling.

I smiled at him, "I think I'm going to go home, I have work today", I said slipping off the bed with the blanket.

I picked up my underwear and slipped them on quickly and dropped the blanket and pulled on Dallas' flannel.

"You look good like that", Johnny said from the bed. I turned around and gave him a look, "I look like a mess", laughed.

He got up and handed me my black heels, "A cute mess", he added pecking my lips.

____

After I got home my dad was nowhere to be found. I felt lucky this time. I skipped into my room and took of the flannel and heels.

I walked into my bathroom and took a much needed shower.
My cheek felt sore from when those socs were beating up on me.

I got out and decided on what to wear to work. I grabbed my black high waisted pants and a long sleeve lavender crop top.

I put my hair in a ponytail and it still reached my butt. I covered up the bruises on my face and put on eyeliner and mascara.

Today was a tennis shoes kind of day, because getting jumped while wearing high shoes is horrible.
_____

The Dingo was busy today and the boss was gone handling business with the bank or something, so it was just two waitresses, me being one.

This group of Socs from the school took a booth, they looked like Bob's friends too. They were with some girls.

I walked over and took their order. "I'll have a burger with you on the side", one cockily said. I rolled my eyes, "We'll all have the same, except the girls want salads", someone piped in.

I wrote everything down quickly and so badly wanted to punch him in the face for being a pervert.

They were my last table for the day and I was so glad when they FINALLY left.

I said bye to everyone and I headed out and started walking home. It felt nice out right now, it I knew it would get super cold by nightfall.

I noticed a car in my driveway, it looked nice and I saw the trunk open with suitcases inside.

"What the hell", I said aloud. I stormed inside and there was a women in a yellow dress sitting on my couch.

"Who are you", I asked. She turned to look at me. "Oh, you must be Violet. I'm Melanie, and Vince, I mean your dad are leaving", she said.

"Where are you guys going", I asked. She stood up and grabbed her purse. "We're moving to Oklahoma city", she said happily.

My dad walked out of his room with his suitcase. "Great, you're home", he said sarcastically. "You're just going to leave me, you're picking up and just going", I stammered. He walked over and slapped me in the face.

"You know I don't love you. Finding Melanie was the best thing to happen to me. We're leaving together", he said.

"Go then, I don't need your abusive ass here", I shouted. He punched me in the nose. I felt the blood trickle down my nose.

That Melanie woman grabbed his hand, "Leave her Vince", she mumbled. I couldn't even look at him or her, they left it at that and hopefully I'll never see my dad again.

____

I changed into a big t-shirt and I put some knee high socks. I decided to pop some popcorn and I put on snow white.

I danced around in my kitchen. "I'm free", I cheered doing a little dance around the kitchen table.

There was a knock at my door and I'm so glad I was wearing a bra under this shirt. I walked over and opened the door. The whole gang was here.

I felt my cheeks burn up from them seeing me naked earlier that day. "What are you guys uh", I stuttered. "We came to see you, because we were all bored and we like you so boom hello", Steve hollered over Ponyboy and Darrel.

I moved over and smiled, because I could use the company, "Come on in. Make yourselves at home. I just put on Snow White so...", I trailed off. Steve walked inside followed by the others. I watched as they walked in one by one. No Johnny? I peeked outside and someones lips met mine.

"Hey you", he said walking in. I shut the door and decided to make more popcorn.
I passed around like 3 more bowls and we all sat and talked as the movie played in the background.

"So Violet, you and Johnny huh", Dallas smirked nudging Johnny who sat next to him on the other couch since there wasn't anymore room on the one I was sitting on.

I grabbed one of the couch pillows and buried my face in it. "So", I said. They all laughed. I pulled my knees to my chest and kinda hid behind the pillow from my embarrassment.

I could tell Johnny was blushing from all the way over here. "How funny, I thought we were something", Darrel piped in.

I removed the pillow from my face and everyone was staring at him, Johnny looked mad.

"You lost that chance when you hit Pony", I said. Ponyboy still looked a little upset with his brother. Darrel stood up and he towered over me from the height difference.

"If you didn't like me you could've just said it, leading me on wasn't very nice", he boomed. I stood up and nudged my way off the couch.

"I didn't do that and you know that Darrel", I said.
He started laughing at me, "So you used that as an excuse to be a slut and sleep with Johnny", he shouted. I reacted quickly and slapped him across the face.