Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Recap:

Then it was all gone.

I was back in my body, in the woods. With Jen. She smiled at me and nodded. Then she left without a single word.

I sat there. I took in all of what had just happened to me. And realized the next decision I make will be the biggest choice I will ever have to make.

So I got up.

I went to my spot.

No one knew about this spot.

Not my parents, River, Jen. No one.

It was a hard place to get to. I had been coming here for years, and so I knew the route like the back of my hand.

I walked up the steep hill and over the boulder.

Then I saw it.

The beautiful waterfall.

It was what kept me same when I needed space away from the world. I would spend hours upon hours here. It was my place.

I walked over to the side of the lake where the waterfall lay. And walked behind it. I sat behind one of the rock and stared into the blue falling water.

I sat there for hours.

I watched as the sun rose and hit the rapid falling water, creating a shimmer against the rocks I was sitting on.

The peace helped.

I thought about so many things in those hours that I sat there.

So many.

And yet nothing about either of mates came up.

I thought about my childhood, and my life. My friends, and family, when I found this place. And when I found out Jen was a witch. My first shift. My ex boyfriends. When I thought I was in love. The drama in high school. If I was going to college. Swimming. But nothing about my mates ever popped into my head as I sat behind the waterfall.

Nothing of my future.

Just my past.

Then my mind went quite.

I wasn't thinking about anything.

My mind was blank.

And then came the name.....

************************************************************************************************************

Flashback

"Mommy what's a mate?" I asked. Not knowing only being the age of six.

"Well sweetheart, a mate is someone who is made just for you. And you will love them with all your heart. They will mean everything to you. My mate is daddy, you will have a mate who is the father to your children too. I love daddy with all my heart. Your mate will love you too." She told me, almost dreamily.

"So could my mate be River?" I asked.

"Yes, it could be, or it could be someone you don't know yet." She told me.

"When will I find him?" I asked.

"Well once your of age 16 your wolf will be awoken and she will be able to tell you who your mate is. She is someone you will be very close to." She told me.

"I see, I can't wait to meet my mate!" I said gleefully.

"I know sweetheart, it will be one of the best moments of your life." Mom told me.