Natsu x Reader AU: Never be Alone

(Y/N)'s family was moving more that 1,000 miles away from Natsu; her best friend. For the first 12 years of their lives the two had been inseparable. Now, (Y/N) were being moved from the people she cared most about, and Magnolia, the city she loved.

As she walked to Natsu's she felt nothing but sadness. Zeref opened the doorand (Y/N) gave him a farewell hug and went to Natsu's room.

"Hey Natsu," She said on the verge of crying.

Natsu looked up from his game, "(Y/N)!" he ran over to her and embraced her into a warm hug.

"Natsu.."

Natsu shushed you, "I promise that one day I'll be around. I'll keep you safe and sound."

" Right now it's pretty crazy and I don't know how to stop or slow it down. I don't wanna leave," She sobbed not wanting to part from your friend.

Zeref watched from the doorway, "Natsu, the bracelets."

With that, the pink-haired boy snapped into action. He raced to his shelf and grabbed two boxes. "(Y/N), open it on the count of three. Big brother, can you count to three?"

"One, two, three," Zeref watched as the two 'children' ripped open the boxes with matching friendship bracelets in them.

---

   (Y/N) got a letter from Natsu Dragneel, your old friend. She'd been calling each other, but this was the first letter.

Hi (Y/N)!

     Well, it's been awhile... Everyone back here misses you. We'd all love to be there for your 16th birthday, but none of us have the money. Zeref is standing over my shoulder waiting for me the write that he says hi. So here goes, Zeref says hi. I can't send anything since I'm broke but here's something I've thought for awhile.

Take a piece of my heart
And make it all your own
So when we are apart
You'll never be alone

                Bye,

                       Natsu <3

     She felt touched by his words, but she didn't write back. In three months you were moving back to Magnolia, the city with the people you've loved.

---

   (Y/N)  were walking the streets of Magnolia when you saw a certain pink-haired boy. "Natsu!" You shouted.

He walked toward you and hugged you, whispering, "Hey (Y/N), I know there are some things we need to talk about. But I can't stay. So just let me hold you for a little longer now and I'll leave."

   When she got home she re-read Natsu's letter. What possibly could have changed in three months? (Y/N) decided to ask the only person she ever went to for advice, Zeref.

    You where going home from speaking with Zeref, but halfway through someone grabbed your hand and dragged you to an alley. It was Natsu.

"Sorry for that earlier, I had to beat some sense into Gray for being an idiot."  With than being said, Natsu kissed you. "When you fall asleep tonight, remember we lay under the same stars."

   A week later it was like nothing had changed. She'd reunited with all of your old friends. The only thing that had changed was her and Natsu. They would never be separated from each other again.

                                                                     You would never be alone