Mystogan x Reader: Movie Night

A/N: I will always support the headcannon of Laxus and Mystogan being friends before the arc where Laxus is crazy. So that being said, Laxus and Mystogan are best friends, and the reader is friends with them.

   (Y/N) was sitting in the guild hall waiting for her friends to return from their respective missions. She was unable to do jobs for for awhile because of injuries. To make matters worse, a certain pink-haired somebody was begging for her to fight him. Mira kept shooing Natsu away, knowing that the (H/C) mage was in no condition to fight. 

"Mira, when did the Thunder Legion leave on their job?" (Y/N) questioned, wondering the whereabouts of one of her best friends was. 

"2 days ago, they should be back by later today. It's your movie night isn't it?" Mira wiped down the counter where (Y/N)'s cup left a ring. 

(Y/N) nodded, "And do you happen to know anything about Mystogan?" Lately she had been gaining more feelings towards him. She knew it could hurt their friendship if he didn't feel the same way, but she couldn't help it. He was enticing, easy to be around, and made her feel safe.

"Well," Mira began, "he went on a harder mission about 5 days ago, but he never really comes back right after a job. You know him pretty well, what's up with that? He trusts you with almost everything."

"He has a personal mission for himself that he does inbetween jobs. Hopefully he'll be back today. It's Laxus, his, and my movie night." (Y/N) thought back to when she joined the Fairy Tail and the two befriended her. Ever since then, at least twice a month, the three would meet up at Mystogan's house and watch movies. 

A familiar presence entered the guild as people started to drift asleep. (Y/N) jumped up, unaffected, and ran to the masked man and attacked him with a hug. "Hey, how was the mission?"

If you could see under Mystogan's bandanna, you would see a smirk, "Missed me?" 

(Y/N) crossed her arms and scoffed, "Pfft, you would miss me if you were trapped here with all these crazy people. Laxus left to go on a mission and took all of the sane people with him. Well Freed, at least. Evergreen and Bickslow depend on the day." She continued to ramble, it sunk in that she had just hugged him. Sure the two had hugged before, but it normally happened when one was hurt, sick, sad, or saying goodbye. She walked with him as he went to go talk to Master, and then the pair headed up to the S-Class loft to wait for Laxus.

---

Hours had passed and it was getting late. Finally the two got a message from Laxus. The Thunder Legion had gotten stuck in Crocus because the trains stopped working. Mystogan stood up and stretched, "It's getting late." 

"Yeah. I guess we can reschedule.." (Y/N) said quietly. She didn't want to. She wanted to stay by Mystogan.

"No," Mystogan said a bit too forcefully. "I mean, why should we? I know Laxus isn't here, but why not hang out anyway." 

(Y/N) bit her lip and nodded at him. She was grateful that he had agreed to still hang out. They walked down to the main level of the guild. Mira called out for the two to have a good night as they went on their way to Mystogan's. 

Mystogan fiddled with his keys to open the door and held it open for the girl. You wouldn't know it, but under his covered face he was flustered. (Y/N) headed to the kitchen to make some snacks for their movie. She reached for the popcorn bowl, but it was too high, so she just knocked it down with her magic. Mystogan was in the living room, agonizing about which movie to put in. It was supposed to be Laxus's turn to pick, but since he wasn't here, Mystogan was chosing. He was trying to pick something that would set the mood for him to confess his love for the girl.

"I'm going to go change into something more comfortable. Be right back." Mystogan announced before heading to his room. He took off his masked, put on a black t-shirt, and some gray sweatpants. Running a hand through his hair, he looked in the mirror, trying to convince himself that he wouldn't screw this up. He grabbed the box out of the pocket of his previous outfit. Inside of it was a charm bracelet. It contained little charms like a lightning bolt, one of his staves, the Fairy Tail sign, and (something that represents your power). 

He exited the room, putting the box in his sweatpants pocket. (Y/N) was already on the couch eating popcorn. She smiled at him as he sat down next to her. "I love when you take off your mask." Mystogan found himself blushing slightly. 

He cleared his throat, "You know why I wear it." 

"I know, but I just don't think it's fair. Just because you look like Jellal doesn't mean you should have to hide yourself. Siegrain doesn't."

"Siegrain is from this world. I'm not." (Y/N) got a grin on her face when Mystogan said that. "What? What is it that you're thinking?" 

Her grin only widened, "I guess you could say, you're out of this world." The blue haired man chuckled and gently shoved (Y/N)'s side. She pressed play on the movie.

Halfway through, (Y/N) had eaten all of the popcorn and paused the movie to go make more food. Mystogan followed her into his kitchen, his hand in his pocket. "So, I've been meaning to tell you something." 

"I'm all ears," (Y/N) sat down at the island, parallel to Mystogan. 

"We've known each other for awhile. Lately, I just find myself thinking of you. I know it's dangerous, because of the Anima and-" he stopped himself, "But I can't help myself. I really like you, (Y/N). No, I love you." He reached into his pocket and grabbed the box that contained the bracelet. "I've been saving some extra money, and I finally had enough to get you this gift."

(Y/N) opened the box and stared in awe at the charm bracelet. It was beautiful. And the fact that Mystogan had worked extra to get this specifically made for her made her tear up. "Mystogan, I really like you too. And I don't care about the Anima, I can handle it if it means I can be with you." Mystogan walked over to (Y/N) and wrapped his arms around her and kissed her. He thought to himself, thank goodness Laxus was late.