Zeref x Reader: Promises

He was dangerous, (Y/N) (L/N) knew that. But she also knew of a part of him that was good. She would've been dead if he hadn't been there. However, (Y/N) owed him this much. He was the reason she was still breathing.

If she had it her way, she would still be traveling with her guild, Crime Sorciere. But the villain who her guild had set off to destroy had saved her from a demon. Soon after, he asked her to hang out with him for a day.

This was the reason why (Y/N) was walking into a cave, alone. If she'd told Jellal and Meredy, her guild's main mission would be done now. But, she refused to, afraid of what the black wizard was capable of.

'I'll be fine, as long as I don't get myself tangled up in another Oracion Seis accident.' She thought to herself.

The mage's thoughts were interrupted by Zeref, "You actually came, without your friends. Thank you for keeping your promise."

"Your welcome, you did save me." (Y/N)'s face went from grateful to serious, "If Crime Sorciere ever finds you, do me a favor. Please don't let them know about us."

"I promise." Zeref nodded.

"So, what did you want?" She kicked the dirt on the ground. Of course she felt nervous, he could kill her in an instant. Yet she also felt secure with him.

"I was thinking," he stepped toward (Y/N), "maybe, we could find a nice spot in the woods and..... eat some lunch." Zeref's stomach gurgled.

"O-kay."

--

"Wait, your telling me you know Natsu Dragneel?" (Y/N) asked Zeref in awe. "How?"

"........Natsu. He's my younger brother. Back when I was in school, he died. Along with my parents. I dedicated my life to reviving him, but along the way I got cursed. I started creating demons to destroy myself but none of them worked. I created the END." Zeref looked to the ground, "Etherous Natsu Dragneel."

Zeref explained his past to (Y/N); she told him about how Natsu defeated her when she was in the Oracion Seis and how Igneel raised them. (Y/N) also told him how when Jellal and herself got out of jail, they formed Crime Sorciere to atone for their sins, and how Meredy and Ultear joined. (Y/N) told him one about how Jellal dressed up as a hotdog and sang to Erza, and Nastu tried eating his costume.

"You guys never changed." Zeref smiled.

(Y/N) looked at him, "What do you mean? I've changed a lot. I still love my old comrades like Cobra, but I hope one day they join us at Crime Sorciere."

"No," Zeref shook his head, "I meant how you and Natsu are exactly the same as how I remember you."

(Y/N) froze, "Me?"

Zeref then explained to (Y/N) how they were lovers. The two were inseparable back in the day. Natsu loved being around (Y/N) and Zeref. Zeref explained how he revived her and she's a powerful demon, like Natsu.

"Wait...If you revived me, then how did I die?" The mage questioned.

"I explained my curse...That happened....That's why you and Natsu are unaffected by my curse." Zeref explained. The pair kept talking until they heard a voice.

"(Y/N)! Where are you? Jellal and Meredy want to leave now! If you don't come soon, they'll leave and you'll have to stay at Fairy Tail!" The voice of a pink haired boy filled the air.

(Y/N) grabbed her bag, "Got it Natsu! I'll be there in a minute!" She hugged Zeref, "Hopefully we can talk again soon."

"We will. I'll leave notes to you in forests." He handed (Y/N) a bouquet of white and black roses, "The roses are wrapped in the first note."

The (hair/colored) girl ran down the hill in the forest to Fairy Tail.

"Hey, what were you doing out there so long?" Natsu asked.

"I...." (Y/N) waved the roses around, "I picked some flowers!" They walked down back to the guild hall, here Jellal and Meredy were waiting.

"Bye (Y/N)!~" Natsu patted his fellow fire dragon slayer on the head.

"Bye Pinky!"

(Y/N) read the note Zeref had written.

Dear (Y/N),

I know I've told you everything now. When you guys stop at forests, check for notes with roses near them. I'll write to you. I hope that sometime, when things change, that Nastu, you, and myself can hang out sometime.

I'll keep your promise.

Love,
Z

"Oooh! Jellal! (Y/N) got a love note~" Meredy giggled.

Jellal smiled, "Erza got a love note too."

"Good for you Jello!" (Y/N) ruffled Jellal's head, "Now, when do we eat. I'm hungry as hell!"

A/N: While I was writing this, spell check tried correcting Natsu to: Nasty, Antsy, and Marsupial.