Laxus x Reader: The Beginning of Something Wonderful

(Y/N) was 15 when she came to the guild; it was a couple weeks after the S-Class Trials were supposed to end. That was 7 years ago, and she was now 22. The wizards that had disappeared had been back for awhile now. Still, (Y/N) never went on missions, she had no magical power. All these years, she'd worked behind the bar, and helped Macao with the guild's finances by doing the math.

"So you're Makarov. It's nice to finally meet you." (Y/N) found him in the wine cellar, when she was getting more alcohol for Cana.

"Yes, and you're (Y/N) (L/N). You're the one who's been helping Macao, thank you for that. What magic do you use?"

(Y/N) tilted her head, "Did Macao not tell you? I don't have any powers."

Makarov chuckled, "He did; however being good at math is a power to most of us."

---

       The day went on, and Makarov was back upstairs, still talking to (Y/N). It was now storming outside. The skies were a deep navy blue; lightning crackled through the sky like ice in a river breaking. The rain was pounding against the guild hall, and Macao was repairing some leaks to the roof. Pantherlily was trying to find a place to hide from all of the thunder, and he finally decided to fly home with Gajeel.

(Y/N) stretched, "You know, the storm is actually kind of relaxing. It's almost reassuring."

"It reminds me of my grandson." Makarov stated, slightly sad. "He was excommunicated, but, he still helped the guild when we were attacked by Grimoire Heart 7 years ago. He even tried to fight against the dragon with us. I miss him, honestly I wonder if I could bring him back into the guild. But what he did was terrible."

"Don't you think he's repented enough?" (Y/N) asked.

"..."

       The next day, Macao appointed Makarov to be master again, and Makarov passed it Gildarts. Gildarts unexcommunicated Laxus, and appointed Makarov again; ditching them on another long mission. Makarov finally gave up, accepting his fate as master forever. Makarov decided to send (Y/N) to find Laxus. She agreed, but in reality, she only knew what he looked like from the 'battle' he had with Natsu and Gajeel a couple weeks prior.

      Laxus had only spoken to (Y/N) that day, and she had a sneaking suspicion that was because she had the alcohol booth. (Y/N) took a cloak, and some supplies, along with a katana Erza had given her as a gift, since she had no other way to protect herself. Thus, the journey of finding Laxus began. She began by searching the forest, mumbling under her breath how Natsu should have been chosen for this, since he was a Dragon Slayer, and he could just sniff him out.

       It took a good four days until (Y/N) found the slightest sign of human life, and it was just an eaten apple. After 7 days, (Y/N) decided Laxus would either be in civilization, or he had been kidnapped by buzzards. She made a pitstop at Porlyusica's cottage to re-supply, and determined that Laxus would be in Hargeon Town working at 8-Island with Yajima.

About a day later, (Y/N) arrived in Hargeon, and got to 8-Island. She decided to eat, and then find Laxus. She was escorted to a table near the back of the restaurant, and lo and behold: Laxus was her waiter.

"Hello, welcome to 8-Island. Is there anything you would like to drink?" Laxus asked like his soul was crushed by an elephant. He looked up from his notepad and saw her guild mark, (Y/N) could have sworn she saw his face light up a little, "Oh, you're that bartender from Fairy Tail."

"Yes, I am. I have a message for you, but first I need food. I can feel the hunger starting to drain my life force!" She shook the crazy out and added, "All have a (Favorite Drink) and a (Favorite Food)."

       Laxus sat down across from her as she scarfed her meal down like a dragon slayer. He almost smiled a couple times while watching the girl eat. Never before had he thought an insane girl like this was even the tiniest bit cute. Something about her drew him to her. He didn't know what yet, but he would find out.

-Timeskip-

       Fairy Tail just got their new guild hall from winning the Grand Magic Games. (Y/N) was never really the I must support my friends-type so, she had spent the weeks of the the games training with her sword, and watching the games on TV. She was a bit anti-social in that sense. She did go after the games each day to talk to the participating members, but she just couldn't sit in a stadium in sun with millions of people surrounding her.

       Laxus and her were becoming good friends, always teasing each other. He was disappointed that she could never go certain missions, probably because he wanted to show off his powers to her. (Y/N) was looking at the request board one day, and she found a request that they could do together. It wasn't the kind he was used to, but it was the usually for (Y/N): A babysitting request. Normally Mira would go on these with (Y/N), but Laxus had been wanting to do a mission with (Y/N), so this was the next best thing.

--

       It took a lot of convincing, but (Y/N) got Laxus to agree to go on that mission. Once they arrived at the house, the parents went over the basics, when the kids were to sleep, any medical conditions, and other things. The parents left, leaving Laxus and (Y/N) with the kids. There was a 5 year old named Jeremy, and 10 year old twins named Johnny and Charles.

"I'm hungry!" Whined Jeremy. "I want a sandwich with pringles."

"I could go a ham sandwich," Johnny added.

"Grilled cheese and pickles." Charles stated, as if it was an order.

Laxus was just standing there, "You make them, I'll play a board game or something with them." He said with crossed arms, while staring out the window.

---

"Simon says, pretend to be a pig," The boys had decided on playing Simon Says, but surprisingly Jeremy, the youngest was reading 1984 by George Orwell instead. Johnny and Charles were rolling on the floor oinking when (Y/N) came in with the food.

       After everyone got done eating, (Y/N) and Laxus read the boys a goodnight story, and went to the living room and talked until just about 4:00 A.M. In the morning the boys awoke to the beginning of something wonderful, as Jeremy stated. It was Laxus watching TV very still while (Y/N) was sleeping in his arms.