Gajeel x Reader: The Eve

They came from two totally different places. One from a rowdy guild whose pastimes included drinking and destroying whole towns on missions. The other from an aristocratic family that was at the brink of breaking apart.

    First, let's talk about the boy. He came from the guild of Fairy Tail, formerly belonging to Phantom Lord. His name was Gajeel Redfox, an Iron Dragon Slayer. He had a rough exterior, but once someone took the time to get to know him, he was a big softie.

    Now for the girl. She was (Y/N) (L/N) the daughter of one of the richest men in Fiore. She seemed very calm and collected at first glance, but deep inside she dreamed of being as wild and reckless as guild wizards were.

    How the met was a mystery to most. Back when Gajeel was a member of Phantom Lord, he and Juvia took a request that (Y/N)'s father had put up. It was about servants going missing, along with money. The two wizards took the job and two weeks later had completed it. Ever since then (Y/N) and Gajeel kept in touch. She even invited him to a few fancy parties because she knew he would like trying the expensive foods.

    "Gajeel!" Mira called to him as he walked into the guildhall. "You have a letter."

    Gajeel took it, ripping it open and reading it. "Where's the old man?" Mira directed him into Makarov's office. "Gramps."

    "Gajeel, what it is?" Makarov lent his ear to the Dragon Slayer.

    "My girlf-. My friend, (Y/N) (L/N), she's having an eighteenth birthday party, and she would like the guild to come to it. She's from a really rich family, so if you could somehow talk sense into some of them, like Salamander, I would appreciate it." Gajeel explained.

    "Ah, I see, child. You don't want to be embarrassed in front of your crush?"

    "Well, yeah. I've been to thousands of her family's parties and right now, her father seems to really like me and I don't want to mess it up."

---

    The wizards' mouth gaped when they enter the huge mansion, decorated elegantly. The chandlers were even more sparkly than Gajeel had remembered, and everything had a bit more of a mature touch to it. The house left them completely awestruck, like the huge buffet of food had Natsu shaken.

    It wasn't the house, or the food that had Gajeel breathless. It was the sight of (Y/N) in a black dress. Unlike things he normally saw the girl in, this one was a bit more revealing. "Gajeel! I'm so glad you and your friends could make it." She said as soon as she saw him.

     His normally cool demeanor was replaced with a flustered nervous one, "I wouldn't miss it for the world. You look killer in that dress."

    "Yeah? I guess I'm not the shrimp I was ten years ago when we met. I know we've talked, but it's been like four years since I've seen you." She looked down at his compliment, a smile forming on her face.

    "Four years ago, you didn't really have those." Gajeel made a subtle remark towards her breast size.

     Before anymore words could be said, (Y/N)'s dad came in and said a small, heartwarming speech about his little girl growing up before his eyes, becoming the person he knew her mother would be proud to have raised if she were still here with them. With that he opened the buffet of food and desserts that made half of Fairy Tail drool for.

     After (Y/N) and Gajeel ate, they made their way to the dance floor, where a slow song was playing. During the dance, they didn't talk much. Gajeel was the one who broke the silence. "What's on your mind?"

"Hm?"

     "I know you. I know they're something on your mind." He stated. "And I'm starting to hope it's what I think it is."

     (Y/N) pulled him to a corner of the ballroom where little to no one would see them. "What might that be?" She said with a devious look on her face.

     That face was all that was needed to tell Gajeel it was what he was thinking, "I can't get you off my mind."

     "I know how you feel there. Come on," She began leading him to the hallway. "We could be gone for awhile before someone would notice. Papa is keeping the wealthy guests covered, and Salamander seems to be doing a good job for your guildmates." Gajeel just grinned in response, kissing the top of her head.

     She took him through the mansion until they reached the door the lead to her bedroom. "I was starting to think you're in for a new nickname. Not shrimp anymore, but maybe sexy. We'll see after this." He began to help her out of the black dress.

---

     "Hey Natsu, where did Gajeel wander off to?"

     "I don't know Lucy. Why?" Natsu shrugged.

     "Well," Lucy told, "(Y/N) was one of my great friends before I left the Heartfilia estate, and she always talked about the wizard she really had a thing for. Now I have no doubt it was him."

    "They're probably doing something.." Natsu said with an obvious thought in mind, whispering it to Lucy very graphicly.

     Lucy whined, "My innocence, Natsu!"