Rogue x Reader: Love Notes

"Rogue, (Y/N) is still on bed rest from that last mission and I have to go out to a Master Meeting. Can you please make sure she actually rests while I'm gone? She keeps trying to sneak out to that guild. I want to let her go, but the doc said she needs to stay in bed," The worried brother asked his best friend.

"Sure thing."

     Sting gave Rogue a slap on the back, "Thanks bud! Oh, and you're in charge here while I'm gone too." then went on his way to the meeting laughing sadistically.

    Rogue sighed, as he looked around the guild hall. They'd be fine without a master for a while, they weren't Fairy Tail. Yukino was taking a mission with Lector, Rufus and Orga were sitting at the bar, and Dobengal was doing whatever Dobengal does. Frosch was running towards Rogue with another little letter in its paws.

     "Rogue! There's another one." The green cat looked up to the mage who stood in front of it. Rogue had been receiving love letters, and the person sending them was hiding them in place where he usually hung out in the guild. They were sweet letters, but they were anonymous, Rogue never knew who left them. He sighed and opened it while he was walking there was the same handwriting as always saying:

      Dearest Rogue,

          You always light me up inside. Whenever you enter a room, you make it brighter. I'm glad you're finally back from that mission with Sting, the guild was getting boring without you, my love. I can not wait to see you again.

         Xoxo,

               Anonymous

      Rogue briefly read the note and lightly got flushed red. He finally made his way to the Eucliffe residence, opening the door with his key. Once he was inside, he heard voices and laughter coming from (Y/N)'s room. Sting hadn't told Rogue that she would have visitors.

     As he approached the room, the voices sounded more obnoxious, "Ha! Take that Salamander, I told you I would win." A rather gruff male voice said. "Me and my cat are better than you and your cat."

"Gaj, calm down." (Y/N) inputted, "besides, I beat you both."

    "Yeah that's right you oversized tool box! (Y/N) won, not you." Natsu snickered, "loser."

"What did you call me? Lily did you hear that! You wanna fight pinkie?"

     The shadow dragon slayer opened (Y/N)'s door, only to be hit with a flying table with Uno cards on it. He glared as the two Fairy Tail wizards froze in their fighting positions. Natsu whispered, "Happy, let's ditch this place. Gajeel, Lily?"

"I agree with Salamander for once. Let's go Lily."

    The fairies bid their farewells to (Y/N) and jumped out the window, leaving Rogue to clean up the mess they had made. He rubbed his forehead, "Lonely again?"

    "Yeah, sorry about them. They're good friends, really. Just a bit of a handful," You see, (Y/N) was a Fairy Tail mage for the longest time, until Macao lost a bet to Master Jiemma. She joined Sabertooth, bitterly, though Sting introduced her to everyone and she eventually made friends.

     After team Tenrou came back and won the Games, (Y/N) remained a part of Sabertooth. (Y/N) still chose to hang out with her past friends. (Y/N) spent half her time at the Fairy Tail guild, and the other half going on missions with the Twin Dragons.

     She reached for a notebook and a pen on the side of her bed while Rogue picked up all the Uno cards from the floor and put the table back. He looked up to see her contently writing something down, she did this a lot. (Y/N) was barely without the notebook. "How are those broken ribs doing?"

     "Meh, as good as the can be. How was your day? Did you get any of those notes today?" (Y/N) asked, looking up from her writing once during the sentences.

Rogue nodded, "Yeah I did, who do you think is making them?"

     "I don't know," (Y/N) shrugged.

---

      It was about midnight, and Rogue had to give (Y/N) some medicine for her injuries. He walked in the room and turned on the light, (Y/N) was out cold. Her notebook was open, lying next to her on the bed. He couldn't help but notice her handwriting. It was the handwriting. She was the one writing the notes. He'd been tell Sting and (Y/N) about them, and he never realized it was her. He never realized the cute little smile (Y/N) always made when he brought them up, until now.

The page was opened to a new note, Rogue picked it up and read it without thinking:

      Dearest Rogue,

      This is my last note. I am far too nervous to tell you how I feel in person. The day I first saw you, I knew you were the one. You were gentle with Frosch, you put up with Sting, you felt despair when your guild was treating mine terrible. You showed a caring attitude toward a new member of your horrendous guild. It made my heart break to watch you in uncertainty.

     After the Grand Magic Games, and Sting became master, I was free to go back to Fairy Tail. I considered it, I still do. It was you keeping me here. I do love you, but, I must go back to Fairy Tail now. I miss them far too much. It's not like I'll never see you again. I will still live with Sting, and I'll visit Sabertooth.

     Sting convinced me to confess in notes before I left. It was a perfect idea, so that's where we are now. I've left love notes every day for three months. Seeing you open them and talk about them, it was my only form of happiness at Sabertooth.

     Now I bid you the best of wishes for your life, I understand if you don't feel the same way I feel about you.

    Love. It sure is a strange thing, isn't it?

         Your secret admirer,

                   (Y/N) Eucliffe

      Rogue finished the letter and saw (Y/N) sitting up on her bed, she smiled, "You weren't supposed to see that until I was gone."

"(Y/N)-"

     "I've gone and made it awkward again. It's obvious you like Yuki-"

"-No, (Y/N)-"

      (Y/N) rested her head on her hand, "I knew I shouldn't have listened to Sting. I knew this would be a bad idea- mmf!" Rogue immediately pulled (Y/N) into a tender kiss. Once they were both out of breath, he pulled away. "Wow." (Y/N) was slightly dazed.

"You need to take your medicine now, dear. Oh, and you better visit me a lot when you leave."