Gray x Reader: Months

Four months. Well, four months and fifteen days to be more specific. It had been that long since she'd known. It was time that (Y/N) told him the news. She shivered at the mere thought of approaching Gray to tell him. He was pretty unpredictable to say the least.

      Thinking of a way to break it to him was the hardest part. (Y/N) decided on a small gift with a note in it. She definitely didn't have the jewels to spend on him, and she couldn't cook. Finally, the young mage decided on knitting him something- one craft she previously thought was useless. She loved Gray, but she wasn't going to spend hours working on something for him, so she choose to make a scarf. That would take about thirty minute at most.

     Sitting on her bed, she heard her roomate, Erza walk in. "What are you up to (Y/N)?"

     "I'm going to tell him today. I'm making a scarf to break it to him gently."

     "I hope it all goes well." Erza said, "I've been trying to find easier jobs for us to do in the meantime. So you can still make money and have company."

     In sheer concentration (Y/N) thanked her. "There." (Y/N) held up the finished product. "I'm going to go find Gray."

---

     The guild had no sign of the raven haired wizard, so (Y/N) decided to walk around Magnolia in search of him. It was a few hours later when she finally spotted Gray. "Gray!" She called to him, his head turning as she ran over to him.

     "It's cold out. You should be inside." He remarked.

    "So should you. I need to tell you something." (Y/N) looked down at the bag in her hands. She had left a note that revealed her secret wrapped in the scarf.

      Gray sighed and took the bag. "What is this, a scarf? I'm an ice mage (Y/N) I don't get affected by the cold." He shoved it back into her hands.

    "Gray please just take it. I spent time making it for you. Please, it's just a really important day for me, and I really need you to accept this gift." She gently handed it back to him.

    "Yeah? Years ago Ur died on this very day. I'd appreciate it if you leave me alone." He sounded extremely annoyed, as he dropped the bag on the ground. "I don't want your gifts."

    She felt her eyes begin to well up with tears, as her emotions began to lose control. Without another word, she turned away and left. She didn't know what to do, and thankfully Erza found her. She told (Y/N) it was too cold for someone pregnant to be out in. The two girls made they're way to Lucy's apartment, which was fully occupied with a flying blue cat, and a fiery Natsu. There, (Y/N) cried, letting all her emotions out in the comfort of her friends.

    Meanwhile, Gray's thought still circulated around Ur. He remembered one time where Lyon had asked why she wore layers if she didn't get cold. Her answer was, "You never feel as warm as you do when you're wearing gifts from people you love." That answer echoed in his head, and he knew he needed to retrieve the scarf.

     The snow had piled up in the place where he had left the bag. After pushing the snow away, he grabbed the bag, pulling out the scarf and putting it on. With this action, an envelope flew out. Gray caught it and began to read:

         Dear Gray,

                Today is really special, and I shouldn't have waited so long, but I was just so nervous. Finally, I decided I would just write this for you. Anyways, today marks the fourth month and fifteenth day of my pregnancy. It's your baby- I think from that one night after the Grand Magic Games. I know, now I'm nearly halfway done with the pregnancy, and a baby will come soon. I know we're not officially together, and it was a crazy night when this happened, but I figured you should know.

            Thanks,

                  (Y/N)

     Gray knew that (Y/N) was probably upset from what happened earlier, and he knew he would have to make it up to her. He checked Erza and her room and Fairy Hills, and the guild hall. (Y/N) was at neither, so he then checked Lucy's apartment, where he found the whole team eating a strawberry cake.

     "Well, well, well." Natsu shook his head, "You finally decided to show up, Ice Princess."

     "Natsu! Don't let him in, he hurt (Y/N)!" Lucy shrieked.

     "Hey idiot, let me it."

     "Who do I listen too? This hurts my brain!"

     (Y/N) smiled at the three squabbling, "It's fine Lucy, he can come in."

     With that Gray came in and sat across from (Y/N), taking her hands in his. "I am so sorry for how I treated you. I know it isn't much of an excuse, I was just missing Ur."

     "You're wearing it." (Y/N) said with happiness edging her voice.

     "Yeah, I am. It feels nice, like your hugs. Our baby will love having you as a mother."

     "Will he have you as its father?"

      Gray pulled out a small box with a ring in it, "They will if you marry me first." After all those months of (Y/N) being anxious about telling Gray, she realized she had nothing to worry about.