Mystogan x Reader: The Mystery in Turnouts

(Y/N) was going on a mission with Mystogan. It all happened so fast and before she even had a chance to say anything, Natsu said yes for her.

   Natsu said, and she quoted, "(Y/N), you've totally got to get some dirt on him, or find out something. Maybe if you know a secret, he'll agree to fight me." And she and Mystogan were on the way to the mission. The whole way to the village was silent, followed by a train ride.

After they got to the village and and found out what was going on, Mystogan pulled her aside. "What type of magic do you use?" he asked, cocking his masked head.

(Y/N) shrugged, "Fire Devil Slaying, didn't Makarov tell you?"

"No, he just said,'Take (Y/N) on a mission, you're both strong so I hereby make you a team.'"

   Classic Makarov. Just perfect. So very perfect-Wait! What about your team? Erza, Gray, and Natsu not-to-mention Happy! So Team (Y/N) was just gone like that.  It would become Team Erza or Team Natsu. That would be disastrous.

  Mystogan seemed to notice (Y/N) thinking of her friends and, he patted her head, and left her for a minute to go talk to the Village Chief. She decided this would be terrible, given he was ALWAYS on missions. Most likely she'd only get to see your guildmates sleeping.

-6 months later-

   (Y/N) were actually surprised at the turnout of things, Mystogan revealed his face to her, they became a couple, and they went to the guild more often. Everything worked out perfectly- until one day when you were  a mission to stop the Anima.

"(Y/N)! Run far away from Magnolia, it will perish soon!" Mystogan had told her.

"But the guild, and you! I can't just leave!"

"Do as I say, please. I can't lose you," He kissed her.

"I'll see you again." She was positive of that at the time, but now, not so much.

   When Natsu, Gajeel, and the others got back from Edolas, they carried sad news along with them. Mystogan had been left in Edolas the rule as King Jellal. No one knew if he'd ever return. Time went by and winter went and came. All she had left of him was the necklace he'd made.

---

   The Grand Magic Games rolled around and with Natsu back, Fairy Tail was sure to kick ass. Not that it mattered much, (Y/N) wasn't an active member anymore.

   More years had passed an you were 26, Mystogan would be about 27 if the math was right. (Y/N) lived with Porlyusica and as much as she hated to admit it, the old lady missed Mystogan stealing her apples all the time.

   A tall-ish old man came by, he had long white hair and a long white beard. He wore a cloak and asked  for shelter and something to drink. Of course she let him inside to have some tea along with an apple. Porlyusica came home from the market and dropped her bags at the sight of him.

"What is HE doing here?!" She whisper-shouted to the heartbroken wizard.

(Y/N) 'hmm'-ed, "The poor guy explained he was traveling for a very long time and needed some rest."

"That's King Fau-" Porlyusica looked at him in shock, "He's from Edolas. How did you get here?"

  Faust opened his hands to show a small teleporter in them. "When I made anima, I had this made, just in case something went wrong. I lost my son's faith in the process, and failed my people. I would like to make amends with my son. I know he had a lover in Earthland, will you help me find her?"

"That would be me," (Y/N) said, and gladly took the device from him. Within a few minutes she had used it, and was floating to what seemed like the clouds, before hitting the ground of Edolas rather hardly. She decided to walk to the castle and find Mystogan, someone who she longed to see, and feel again.

   When she got there, guards were outside. One looked straight into her eyes with his dead, cold eyes and asked, "Who are you and what's your business here?"  Within a second of the guard asking that, a purple haired guy with white stripes burst open the doors of the palace.

"Are you (Y/N) (L/N)? I'm Hughes," (Y/N) nodded, "The one King Jellal gushes over?" She proceeded to nod at his endless questions until finally Hughes said, "Come on in and see the love of your life!" The guard blocked her way.

The soulless man stared straight ahead, "Only if King Jellal approves it with a letter and a stamp first. I only take official orders from him."

Hughes leaned over him, "Do you want me to tell all of Edolas your name isn't Albert, and it's really Duchess Fluff-a-Puff 69?" the man immediately moved aside.

"Mystogan!" (Y/N) embraced the young king in a warm hug. He looked down at her and smiled, hugging back. "Dang, am I glad you took that stupid mask off. Now I can see your adorable smile all the time."