Tao: Approval

The sun was warm and comforting. You sit alone at the small coffee shop, sipping your ice tea while watching the sun in the distance along with the buildings and people around you. You check your watch.

12:40....he should be here by now. You have been waiting for ten minutes now. Not that it bothered you. The soft breeze blows small strands of your hair behind your ears. You peacefully close your eyes.

"(Y/n)! I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!" You hear someone approaching you. Immediately opening your eyes, you look around. It was Tao. He sits at the table across from you.
He sighs and takes your hand.

"Forgive me" you smile and intertwine your hands with his.

"Don't worry. It's okay" you say calmly, making him look at you with a smile. Tao was your boyfriend for only a month and a half now. He had called you at almost midnight saying that he needed to talk to you about something important.

"So, what did you need to talk about?" You asked, then fake a gasp. "Are you breaking up with me?"

He chuckled.
"Of course not, it's nothing like that. It's worse..." you take a sip of your tea.

"Okay...? But, what can be worse than that?" You asked.

He runs a hand through his dark brown hair.

"My parents want to meet you" he says and looks away dramatically.

You look at him unamused.

"That's it?" You asked. He looks at you.

"You're okay with that?" He asked. You nod.

"Great let's go. I told them you were going to be their in 15 minutes so we have to hurry" he stands up and takes your hand in his. You quickly stand up and follow him out of the coffee shop.

You stood in front of his home. It was huge!
You begin to feel nervous, what if his parents didn't approve of you? You feel Tao squeeze your hand as he opens the front door walking in before you.

"Mom! Dad I'm back. And (y/n) is with me!" He called. He smiles at you, you give him a nervous smile in return. He leads you into the living room. His mother comes in, giving him a tight hug and a kiss on the forehead, asking him if he was hungry or how he was and such. She stops and looks at you, a smile spread across her face.

"Ah~ Zitao she's so beautiful!" She gently shakes your hand and introduces herself while you do the same. His father comes into the room. After giving a greeting to his son he smiled slightly and shakes your hand.

All night you all talked, his parents getting to know you, and you getting to know them. Your nerves from earlier were now completely gone as you all ate dinner that you helped his mother prepare.

"Has she met Candy yet?" His mother asked. Tao shook his head.

"Not yet, later." He says looking at you.

"Who's Candy?" You asked curiously as you finished your food.

"Someone very special to Zitao. If she doesn't like you, you can't be with him" his father says. Tao nods slightly. You clear your throat nervously.

"B-but don't worry about it, she will love you!" His mother assured you. You smile slightly and nod.

After you help clean up the dinner table, Tao brings you into his room.

"Okay, sit here. I'll bring Candy in" he says. You grab his arm before he left.

"What if she doesn't like me and I have to leave you? Tao I don't want that to happen" you worry.

"Relax. Just be you" he kisses your forehead and leaves the room. You look at your hands.
The nervousness was coming back.

Tao comes back within seconds.

"Say hello to Candy" he says as he walks in and sits next to you. You look up at him, expecting to see a person, maybe a little girl or something. But no.

There was a small white dog cuddled into his hands.

"Candy...is a dog?"you asked. He nods.

"Were you expecting a human?" He laughs.

You roll your eyes.

"She's cute" you say as he sits Candy on the bed. The small dog sniffs around you, her tail in between her legs. You reach your hands for her to smell. She slightly jumps back in surprise. She smells and licks your fingers. Her tail slightly wagging. You softly pet her back and head.

"I think she likes you" you hear Tao say.

"You think so?" You asked. He nods.

"Usually she would growl if anyone touched her"

Just then you hear a small growl come from the dog. You look down at her. Worried you take your hands away. Tao pets her.

"Hey, be nice. I really like her" he says to the dog. She sniffs his face before licking his nose. He chuckled.
You pet her again. She turns her attention to you.

"Hi Candy~ you're so cute" you say. She wags her tail happily.

Tao tries to get her attention, he calls her name. But, she was too focused on you that she ignored him. He whines.

"See? I was right" he says as he sits up.

You hold her in your arms. She licks your cheek.

"No need to be nervous" you say to yourself. You set Candy on the bed. Tao holds your hands and gives you a small kiss on your nose, slowly moving down your lips. He gives you multiple kisses. You hear a small bark. Making you both pull away. Candy runs onto your lap, cuddling into you.

"Does this mean I get her approval?" You asked him. He nods and gives you one last kiss. Through out the evening you both played with Candy, Tao showing you tricks he taught her, giving her treats.

Since it was getting late, Tao drives you home. Before you get out of the car, he givesyou a kiss.

"(Y/n)...I'll call you later" he says. You nod and start to get out of the car.

"(Y/n)?" You turn around to look at him.

"I love you" he says. You smile. This was the first time he said that. You reach over and kiss him on the cheek.

"I love you too"

After he left, you went to your room. You sit on your bed, watching tv. You get a notification on your phone. It was a message from Tao.

You open the app.

There was a picture of Candy and him. He responded with

"She misses you!! She wants her momma to come back and visit!" Finding it completely cheesy, you laugh. Saying goodnight to each other, you drift off to sleep.

You smile thinking how lucky you are that you got approval from a dog.

Exo X Reader: One Shots♡जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें