Kai: Pirouette

When you found out that you where going to be pared with Kai of EXO, you were very excited. Your manager arranged to put you on a dance show to help you gain popularity  in your solo career. However, being an idol also, put a lot of pressure on you, and you might have more pressure trying to choreograph a dance with Kai. You were currently in the studio, stretching your back, legs and arms. Just as you had went into your right split, Kai walks in. He bows and greets you,

'aw what a gentleman' you thought, standing up and walking over to him. He shakes your hand and smiles.

"I'm so glad to work with you, (y/n)"

"Me too. I was happy to hear EXOs best dancer would be here with me these next few weeks" he looks away, bashful.

"Awe, I wouldn't say I'm the best. But, thank you" you smiled.

"You're the best dancer to me" you say. He looks at you a giggled. It was quiet for a moment.

"Have you decided what song you want to use?" He asked. You nod and take your phone out. You press play on your music app.

"I chose an american song. It's called 'Apologize'" he listens to it for a few seconds then nods.

"It's so sad...are you sure you want to use this?" He asked. You nod.

"Of course"

"Why'd you choose this song?" He asked, as he starts stretching his shoulders and arms. You do the same.

"I dunno. I liked it" you say with a shrug.

"Hm, its not bad. I can tell we're going to make it very emotional and beautiful" He sends you a smile.

Over the last two weeks, you've already got most of the choreography down. You both shared your ideas and danced until it was perfected. You started feeling down more and more. The dancing put major stress on your mind, it wasn't healthy. The show was a week away and you still needed to include your triple turn. Kai noticed the tension with you two by the way you sometimes quit and walked out if you couldn't do a certain move. And he had a feeling, today was going to be bad.

"Okay, (y/n). Just tuck your foot in more, try not to sickle your ankle" he critiqued. You nod and let out a sigh. You prep and bring your foot next to your knee and you go on releve. When you turn, you ended up doing two. You lost balance. You almost slip.

"Come on, one more. I know you can do it" he says. You try again. And again, you couldn't get it right. You let out another aggravating sigh. Kai comes up to you and puts a hand on your shoulder.

"Hey, relax. Watch" he says as he does a perfect pirouette. He stops and looks at you.

You redid that turn so many times. And all of them weren't even close to being perfect. At this time, you were starting to feel overwhelmed.

"Come on (y/n) you can do it. Lets try again-" he calmly says as he reaches out to you. You slap his hand away.

"No! No more! This is stupid! I can't do anything as simple as a turn!" You shout as you stand up and leave. He runs after you. Calling your name. You were in tears. You couldn't take it anymore. As you lean against the wall in tears. Kai grabs your wrists and pulls you into a hug.

"Listen, i know it's  hard. I really do. Please don't give up" he says quietly. You look at him as he wipes away the tears on your cheeks.

"I know how it's like. I know your struggle. I get like this too" he admits. You sniffled.

"Kai...I didn't know that-"

"Shh, it's okay" he leads you back into the room.

"What are we gonna do? We only have a few days left and we still aren't finished yet" You sigh as you walk to the dance floor, you shuttered as you wipe the remaining tears from your eyes. You can feel Kai staring at you from the side of the room. He comes close to you, putting a hand on your shoulder.

"(Y/n)" he says gently trying to get your attention. You slowly look at him, still hiding your face behind your hair.

"Why did you pick this theme for the competition?" He ask. You shake your head.

"It's nothing" you mutter.

"No, it isn't nothing! You're too passionate about this for it to not have any meaning behind it" you stare at him. He was right. Of course he was, he's always right.

"Okay...I chose this song because, I was diagnosed with depression around the time I debuted. I couldn't eat or go any where. I had to loose weight and practice hours upon hours a day. Then I found out my fiance of 3 years left me. 'Selfish' he said. He had a 6 month long affair with my best friend behind my back while I was away...and now the more that I think about it, the more I start to believe him. I can't quit because I begged my parents to let me do this...I was so selfish that I didn't see what I was getting myself into" you started sobbing. Kai hugs you and pets your back. Comforting you, he sighs.

"I didn't know you had so much going on..." he whispered.

"(Y/n), listen to me" he puts his hands on both sides of your cheeks to make you look up at him. He had this look of determination that gave you this little spark of hope.

"You're not selfish. And if you really want to prove yourself, make everyone proud and show your manager that you can do this. Your family is probably so proud of you making it this far. I can tell dancing is so important to you, show it. Not for me or your fans...do this for you and your family" he says. He wipes your tears. You slightly smile and look down. You nod and swallow the hard lump in your throat.

"Thank you" was all you could say.

《》《》《》

Just as you and Kai finished the final position, the crowd applauded and you both part. You bowed and the judges call you both to the front of the table.

"Very good you two...so (y/n) please explain the song and the theme" the first judge says. You smile and nod.

"The song we chose was 'Apologize' the theme is very contemporary and it is a story where a couple is going through struggles in their relationship, the girl is feeling her life crashing down on her and she needs him the most now more than ever and in the end...he realizes that she was too selfish and he leaves her" you finished.

"What was the inspiration behind this dance?" The next judge asked.

"We decided to focus on depression. Most of us have been through this many times and in the end, it could end badly if you don't ask for help by the ones that love you the most" Kai explains. You glance at him and he smiles at me. The judges nod approvingly.

"Very good, thank you" they say. Just as it was going to commercial, you both were escorted back stage until they announce the winner. Kai pulls you in a tight hug.

"Oh my God I can't believe we finally did it" you say hugging him back.

"You did amazing, see I told you" He smiles and kisses your forehead.

"Kai...I just wanted to say thank you for helping me, I don't even care if we win...all I care about is that we spread a message, and I appreciate you for that" you say. He holds your hands.

"Just know that I'm here for you no matter what" He says. They start calling you onto the stage again. You stand in the middle of the stage with four other pairs who danced earlier in the show.

"So, we had made a final decision, the winner of tonight's show is...." the host starts as he starts to open the envelope. You tightly hold Kai's  hand.

"'Apologize' by (y/n) and Kai of EXO!" You both look at each other with wide eyes. You scream and jump up to hug him. With tears in your eyes, you let go as we were handed the award. You couldn't believe this! Who knew that you would get this far.
Kai got you through this, and his help and advice really worked, and because you listened to him, you succeeded.

He made you realize that you weren't selfish and that you were the greatest girl he has ever met.

{Hey, so... sorry if this is trash...I wrote the ending last minute at 4:30 in the morning, but I just wanted to say that 1. I don't own the video and 2. The request box is open, but I will post rules soon for that so look out for that in the next couple of updates  ✌🏼}