Chapter 7

He raises an eyebrow but doesn't say anything. "That's perfect! We can hang out together!" He says, smiling.

"Actually, no. I'm going to the Children's Hospital to spend time with this little girl."

He looks at the woman and she nods. He smiles and takes my hand, dragging me outside.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"To the Children's Hospital?"

"You're coming with?"

"Of course!" I smile and start for my car but he tugs me in the opposite direction.

"My car." He states.

I dig my heels into the ground.

"No, my car."

"Mine."

"Mine."

"Mine."

"Mine." I giggle, realizing how we sound like the birds from Finding Nemo. He stands behind me and kicks the back of my knees. I crumble to the ground but before I hit the dirt, he swoops me up on his back.

"My car." He states smugly. I frown but don't fight it. He deposits me into his car. It's a black range rover.

"The shelter gave it to me. I had done enough community service so they thought I deserved one. I paid for about half of it. The accident gave me a couple hundred thousand. I guess my parents sent it to me once they heard about me." He explains.

"1. You must've been like super rich and 2. You're parents know you're here?"

"Yes and yes."

"Why don't they come and get you?"

His grip tightens on the wheel. "Because they're fucking assholes Brinley. They only care about themselves. They were glad to see me off."

"How do you know?" He sighs before making his way onto the freeway.

"They sent a letter." I tread carefully on my words.

"So about this accident?"

"What about it?" He snaps. I shrink back a little.

"What happened?"

"I don't know."

"Oh come on! Don't feed me bullshit, you said you would tell me for teaching you guitar."

"You're right. I did. Sometimes people lie."

"And sometimes people are assholes. Just like their parents." I mutter.

He pulls over on the side of the road. I sit up frantically. "What the hell are you doing?" I yell

"Teaching you a lesson." He says unbuckling his seat belt. He turns a little, staring me down.

"You don't have the right to say things like that. Ever. I never want to hear you repeat those words again. You can't talk shit about things you know nothing about." 

I have a tiny bit of a problem with authority sometimes.

"And some people are assholes. Just like their parents." I repeat, louder this time.

He scrunches his eye brows together and leans forward. I shrink back until I'm cornered in the door.

"What?" He asks, leaning closer towards me.

He climbs over and sits on the console. His feet rest on top of my thighs. He leans forwards, his lips brushing my ear.

"What are you doing?" I ask, nervous and afraid.

Okay, now I normally would've had more of a problem with a thing like this except for the fact that I was paralyzed by fear. And maybe by his lips.

"What did you say?" He asks, ignoring the question. 

"Nothing." Like hell I was going to tell him I insulted him. 

He moves back a couple inches until his nose is just touching mine.

"No Brinley, I really would fucking love to know."

When I don't respond he moves his lips down to my jaw, placing a few light kisses on my skin.

"What ... did ... you say ...?" He asks, kissing between each word.

"I, um ..." I can feel his smirk on my neck.

"Answer me." He says, his tone a little more louder and threatening.

He trails his lips farther down on my neck, sucking the skin lightly under my ear. I stifle a moan and focus on my words.

"I didn't say anything." I say, refusing to meet his demands.

He leans back again and stares into my eyes. His eyes flick down onto my lips and I bite my lip, afraid of what he was going to do. His breath is lightly fanning over my face. I'm overwhelmed with the smell of mint.

He leans in painfully slowly. I find myself wanting his lips on mine more than anything. Just as I think he's about to do that, I'm surprised. He bites my bottoms lip and lightly tugs it towards his. It's painful but pleasurable at the same time. I can feel his smile on my lips as ours finally meet. His palms land on my cheeks and he tugs at the nape of my hair.

"What did you say?" He repeats onto my lips.

"You're an asshole like your parents." I can see the glint of fury in his eyes.

"Anything else you have to say?" He whispers.

"I'm sorry."

"Mhm."

He then pulls back behind the wheel and smoothly drives back onto the highway. I'm not quite sure his lesson worked. I'm tempted to say those provoking sentences, just to see if he would kiss me again. I can feel a light blush travel up my cheeks and what just happened.

His eyes are trained on the road as if nothing ever happened. Well then. We drive in silence before he takes his hands off the wheel, driving with his knees. I watch him pull his phone out of his back pocket and take off the case. Every few seconds he glances down at his task before glancing back to the road.

He plugs his phone into the radio and picks a random song. He then returns one hand at the bottom of the steering wheel, the other he sets on the window, tapping the beat of the song onto the window with his knuckles.

Just One Yesterday by Fall Out Boy blares out the speakers. I smile and tap my feet, singing along to the lyrics.

"You like Fall Out Boy?" He asks, impressed. I nod. After about twenty minutes on the road, we take the exit to the hospital. We park and then walk through the doors of the east wing, where cancer patients are.

"Hi Molly! I'm here to see Wesley." I say.

She smiles and nods towards the sign in sheet. I scribble my name and the time into one of the slots and Niall follows my example. We climb into the elevator and then pop out onto the third floor. I count the doors as I pass them. 301, 302 ... 316, and finally 317.

I tap on the door then hesitantly walk in. Wesley is looking out the window from her hospital bed, looking bored. I smile and walk in. She turns her head and squeals.

"Brinley!" She yells. I go up to her and hug her lightly, being careful of the wires that are taped into her arms.

"And who is this?" She asks, peeking behind me at Niall. She looks at his tattoos and smiles. "Cool."

I fall back into one of the chairs, swatting away a couple balloons.

Oh and if you could check out my new series, 'Imagines' - they're just imagines of all the boys - that'd be awesome! Thank you!