Chapter 24

CHAPTER 24

NIALL’S POV

My phone starts going off and I walk into the other room to answer it. 

“Word’s got around that you’re back in town.” Damon says. 

Aw fuck. 

“I’m here now. Are you happy?” I snarl.

“I’m sure the rest of the guys would love to see you. And you’re chick. Meet at the regular meeting place in an hour. With her.” He hangs up.

I run my fingers through my hair. There’s no way that I could bring her into this, but if I don’t bring her then they’re going to bring her by force. I walk back inside, looking around at their new house. Seems like they’ve moved on just fine without me, their only son. I find Brinley at the kitchen counter, talking with my mom.

“So I hear your house got flooded? How long are you staying here?” Brinley asks my mom. 

“Marua.” I say, pointing into the living room. “Bobby.” I seethe, glaring at him in his chair by the tv. They get the message and follow me into the living room. 

“Listen, Brinley doesn’t know that you guys are my parents and it’s going to stay that way alright? She thinks your house got flooded and you’re staying here for a week or whatever.”

“When is the truth going to come out?” Maura asks.

“When I want it to, and only then. Are we clear?” 

“Niall, I don’t think this is a good idea. You should be glad that we’re even letting you stay here. Damon visited us a few months ago, explaining how you were involved in this gang. Does Brinley even know?” Bobby asks.

“I should be lucky?! Are you fucking kidding me? You happened to forget that I was in America for surgery. How do you forget about that? You should be lucky I even decided to come here and am speaking with you! I’ll never be able to forgive you for what you guys did to me, you left me all alone.” 

“Niall we didn’t forget you. We were forced to leave you, we just didn’t have any of the money from your medical bills to pay for you to come back and live with us.” 

My mouth is agape. 

“I have nothing to say to either of you, but I swear if you say anything to Brinley about how you guys are my parents and not just family friends, I won’t even consider coming back. Ever.” I spit, glaring them down. 

I turn on my heel and storm out of the room. Brinley is sitting at the counter still, on her phone. I wrap my arms around her waist, my chin on her shoulder.

“How are you doing? Is there anything I can get you?” I ask, my voice muffled by her hair. 

“No thanks.” She replies softly, giving me a tiny smile. 

I can see that her heart is broken, not by me, but by Wesley. 

“I know this vacation is supposed to be about us hanging out, but I just need to go take care of one thing. I should be back within the hour. Is that alright?” I ask. “I don’t have to go if you don’t want me to.”

“As long as we go to the beach tomorrow.” She says smiling. 

“Alright thanks babe, I’ll be back soon.” I kiss her cheek.

“Drive safe, love you!” She calls. The door shuts behind me before I can say anything. After a ten minute drive, I’ve arrived at an old bowling alley. It was open a few years ago, but closed down. Nothing moved into the empty space and the gang took it over.