Chapter 18

BRINLEY'S POV

"Can you forgive me?" "At this point I'm fucking pissed at you so no." I nod and bite my fingernails the whole way home in nervousness. The one person that has always been on my side I have know gotten to turn against me.

Just as we're turning into the parking lot, Niall gently removes my fingers from my lips.

"Bad habit." I mumble, not meeting his eyes.

"I'm sorry Brinley. I shouldn't have overreacted that way. You didn't know anything about ... that and I never told you. I didn't want to have to scream at you, I was just angry about everything. I mean what kind of mother kicks her own daughter out of their house?" I smile.

"Mine. You know she was this close to almost killing you." I say, squeezing my fingers together until there's next to no room in between them.

"Oh yeah? Well what can I say, I have that kind of affect on people."

He pops his collar and I giggle at him.

"Let's go." He grabs my hand and leads me inside. I step over a few bodies and we reach his bunk.

"Here." He hands me a pair of sweats. I clamber up to the top bunk and wiggle out of my pants, tossing them to the ground. Well on Niall. He looks up at me with a smirk.

"Anything else you want to throw down?"

In a burst of unknown bravery, I toss down my shirt.

"Yup." He looks at the shirt then back at me, then at the shirt.

"Well alright then."

I giggle and slide his sweats over my hips, rolling them over a few times. I then clamber back down the ladder and onto the bottom buck. Niall has already made himself cozy on the floor with a blanket. I hug my arms to myself as I try and fall asleep - but to no avail.

"Niall?" I call out.

"Yeah?" I meet his eyes in the dark.

"Can you sleep with me?I'm too afraid to sleep alone."

Partially that, partially because I'm cold, and partially because I want to see him shirtless.

"Of course." He stands up and gives me a slight push to the end of the bunk bed, making room for himself. He wraps his arms around my chest pulling myself to his front.

"Uh Niall?" I ask.

"What?" He mumbles, about to fall asleep.

"Can you let go a tiny bit? You're crushing my rib cage."

"Oh yeah."

He loosens his group and I give out a little sigh, finally able to breath. I scoot a little away from him, still leaving one of my hands connected into his loosely.

"Much better." He breathes into my ear and I nod a little bit before falling asleep.

THE NEXT MORNING

I wake up, my face smashed against the wall. I try and scoot back a little bit but Niall's in the way. I instead try to climb on top of him, giving my face room to breathe. It works. I massage the left side of my face, trying to get some feeling back in it. I attempt to try and clamber off of Niall without disrupting him. His hands go from his sides, to my waist, locking me in place.

"You're comfortable." He mumbles, eyes still closed.

I smile and lay down on top of him, wrapping my arms around his waist. I try to go back to sleep when a bright white light flashes in front of my close eyelids. I blink them open and see Audrey with a phone, snapping pictures of Niall and I.