Chapter 26

I shove my phone into Damon’s hands. He glances at Brinley and the photo. The resemblance is uncanny. He smirks. 

“So you’re fucking the bosses’ daughter?”

I bite my lip and shake my head slowly, trying not to punch him in the face. 

“Does it matter?” I spit, my teeth clenched. 

Damon looks around at the other boys. None of them know what to do. At this time, the rest of the gang files in. 

“What’s going on?” One of them shouts, glancing between Brinley and I. 

“Here we have the bosses’ long lost daughter.” Damon says, making a wide sweeping gesture at Brinley. 

Poor Brinley just looks scared as hell and confused out of her mind. 

“Can I just go home?” She whimpers.  

“Stop mumbling.” I say, already fuming. 

“I um, faked Wesley’s death so you would come to Florida with me.” 

I’m surprised I haven’t passed out from the amount of emotional trauma I’ve gone through. I decide not to yell at him, or ask why. Instead, I slap him across the face as hard as I possibly can and hop out of the car. I run away from him as fast as I can. Through the tears streaming down my face, I hurriedly call the number for a cab. Niall doesn’t even try to come over and comfort me. Smart boy. Within a few minutes, a yellow cab peels up to the drive. Without even packing as much as a toothbrush, I hop in and whisper for the airport. The man nods and starts quickly driving to the airport. 

NIALL’S POV

I’ve fucked things up bad. I know that we’ve broken up even if she hadn’t said it. I’m not quite sure what to even think. I just know I’m going to hell. I slip into the living room to find my parents sitting there, waiting for me. 

“Brin left. Can I stay here for a while?” I whisper, hugging my arms to chest. It feels like I’m about to fall to pieces and the only thing keeping me in one piece are my arms.

 My mother nods and quickly pulls me into a hug. 

“What’d you do?” She asks. 

“I can’t even tell you. You would hate me forever.”

“That doesn’t make me feel any better.” She says, pulling back and looking me in the eyes.

“I just need to sleep.” I admit.

She looks over at my dad who nods from his spot on the couch. 

“We’ll talk about it in the morning.”

Please just spend a little bit of your time reading one of the chapters in my new series 'Imagines'. Tell me if you like it or not! Thank you! :)