Chapter 17

I look back around and realized that when I stood up, I took one of the blankets with me, revealing Niall's face. " Um. Niall?" I say. " Nice to meet you Mrs.Jennings." He says confidently as if she didn't just discover him in my bed. " Out." I grip onto Niall's arm. " Niall you can stay." I say, shooting a glare at my mom.

NIALL'S POV

I've been caught in bed before with a girl but this situation is worse and more awkward. I shake my arm loose from Brinley's grip.

"I'll talk to you later babe."

I kiss her forehead and leave the room, their shouts following me out of their house. I climb into my car, guilty. I feel horrible for tearing Brinley and her mom apart. I start driving to the teen shelter but then take a detour off the highway to one of the local bars.

BRINLEY'S POV

Once I hear the front door slam, my mom turns on me.

"You had him in your bed?" She shouts, beyond angry. And all of a sudden I'm just tired. Tired of fighting with my mom, with myself, with everything. I lay back down on my bed, covering up my eyes with my forearm.

"Brinley?"

"What?" I mumble, too exhausted to even hold a conversation.

"That's it. I don't think I can raise you anymore. You are being way too disobedient. I'm going to have to kick you out Brinley." She says, a couple tears in her eyes.

"What? Mom I'm only seventeen! You legally can't do that!"

"Brinley I want you out of my house now. You should've thought of the consequences before you went and ran off with Niall."

I am beyond stunned. I never thought that my mom and I's relationship will end at this.

"While I'm still here, this is my room so leave." I say pointing to the door.

She leaves without a second word and I break down and cry. What am I supposed to do, where do I go? Will I still go to school? I hiccup through my tears and take my phone, along with my backpack and hop into my car. How was I supposed to pay for gas? I start the car and leave my driveway in tears.

I don't live with my mom anymore. Oh god what about Rider and Sammy? With each mile, my tears come down heavier and I think of new things in which I won't have the support of my mom to help me through. Yeah I hate her for kicking me out but I'm also hurt. I mean my own mom hates me enough to kick me out.

I blink, clearing my vision and see that I'm now downtown in the bad part of town. I pull over on the curb and start walking, looking for a hotel or some place to stay. After a few blocks, I see this pretty run down building that is some how still functioning. Girls are standing out in the streets, from ages about sixteen to like sixty. They're all wearing fishnet tights and something like a corset. Ew.

I try and walk quickly past them but one of the girls stops me.

"Hey need a place to stay tonight? We have an extra room upstairs if you need one."

She sounds like she smokes a pack a day and she looks like a meth addict. The only reason I agree is so that I can stop looking at her. I push past her and past the two double doors. Once I'm inside I realize what this is. A whore house. Well shit. I try and go back outside but the girl's face haunts me.

I sprint up one or two flights of stairs, stepping over multiple shoes, people, and condom wrappers. I jiggle every door knob I pass looking for an empty one. Finally on the third floor, the very last door is open. I open it and decide to not touch anything. It smells like cigarettes, weed, and sex.

I grab my stomach and start dry heaving, thinking of everything that I've gone through. I get kicked out of my house and end up in a whore house within an hour. Awesome. I open up my phone and shakily dial Niall's number. He answers on the first ring.

"Hey Brinley. Is everything okay with your mom?" He asks, his voice a little slurred.

"Have you been drinking?" I ask, my anxiety pushing even further.

"Where are you?"

"Uh my mom kicked me out of her house permanently. Right now I'm on 53rd and maple."

"Don't tell me you're at the whore house." He says and I can picture him pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Yup." I whisper.

"I'm coming. Don't ... do anything. You know what I mean."

"I know I'm pretty broke right now Niall but that's the last thing I would do."

"Unless it was with me right?" Niall asks and before I can even think about answering, his laughter fills my ear.

"I'm completely kidding. I'll be there soon."

"Are you drunk? Are you allowed to drive?"

"It's nothing I haven't done before." He mumbles.

"Niall!" I can hear him open up his car door and slam it shut.

"Please hurry." I whisper just like the last time he came and rescued me. I hug myself, trying to feel better but it's no use. I can hear a few mumbles and thumps coming down the hallway.

A couple comes in the room and I notice the girl that I was talking to. An old man is behind her and eyeing her backside greedily. Then he notices me.

"Oh so we're having a three some then?" He asks amused.

"Like hell." I brush past them, trying to find another room but to no avail. I'm about to burst into tears and just give up when I see Niall come thundering up the stairs.

"Oh thank goodness!" He comes running up to me and I find comfort in his True Religion cologne.

"Can - can we please leave?" I ask, my words muffled by his t-shirt.

"Of course." He says, rubbing my back soothingly. A man comes walking up the stairs.

"Hey! You know the rules! No one in the hallways, only in the bedrooms!" Before I can even answer, Niall is dragging me behind him past the man.

"Like hell." Huh. Like boyfriend like girlfriend I guess.

When I feel the cool air settle on my sticky skin, I can finally breathe. There is no way I am going back there - not for money or my mom. I climb into Niall's car, curling up in shotgun.

"I'll drop you off at your house and then -"

"I don't have a house remember?" My voice is thick with tears.

"Shit. I'm sorry. You can stay at my house until you get back on your feet. Alright?"

I smile, loving the way he thinks of the shelter as his home. He grabs my hand and kisses my knuckles, playing with my fingers.

"Listen Brinley. I don't really know what you're going through but I do have some sense of the situation. My parent's hate me too."

"Except Niall, you're parents didn't hate you so much that they kicked you out. They didn't hate you enough to just decide to never see you again. My mom does. She doesn't want anything to do with me." His grip on my hand tightens pretty painfully.

"Ouch Niall that hurts."

"Listen Brinley, I have done nothing but care for you. I picked you up on the side of the god damn highway in the middle of the night and let you stay at my place and you haven't really thanked me. You've just gone and wallowed in self - pity not even thinking about others. Listen sweetheart, I'm in the same fucking boat you are. My parents know I'm over here. They know that I live in some shelter but out of all the years that I've been here, they've made not one move to come and see me. Not one letter, phone call, even a postcard. So yes, my parents do hate me enough to even pretend that I don't exist. Both my parents."

He gives out a big sigh and puts the car in drive, taking us back to the shelter.

"Niall I'm-" "I know what you're going to say.Yeah I'm sorry, I didn't know - all that bullshit. "

"Can you forgive me?"

"At this point I'm fucking pissed at you so no." I nod and bite my fingernails the whole way home in nervousness. The one person that has always been on my side I have now gotten to turn against me.

All I'm asking is for you guys to check out my new series called "Imagines' and to give your feedback, thank you! :)