Chapter 10

Right under the lace trimming was a cursive quote, wrapping around her rib cage. Further inspection showed that she had one on her ankle too, and the back of her neck. I swear I'm not a creeper. 

This is news to Wesley too. Her mouth is in the shape of an O and her eyebrows, or more accurately - the space where her eyebrows would be - are raised.

Brinley starts to squirm and we both dive for different parts of the bed, pretending to be asleep. I have Wesley pressed to my chest, trying to stifle her laughs. I bite my lip, trying not to let a couple chuckles release from my mouth.

Brinley rubs her eyes and glances over at us. I close my eyes partially. You know whenever you had to close your eyes from some playground game and you would pretend to close your eyes, but leave them cracked open the tiniest bit so you could see? Yeah.

I can see Brinley smile then shove down her shirt. She stands up and streches, checking her phone. I detached myself from Wesley, pretending to wake up too. Wesley for some reason stays quiet. I stand up and walk over to Brinley.

"So this is what you do every day?" I whisper.

She smiles and nods.

"I'm gonna go look for Jello and pudding. Want some?"

She nods. "Whatever they have. They stash the best kinds in the back of the fridge, top shelf. Walk down the hall and take your second left. Go to the second fridge. That kind has the best brands." I nod and follow her instructions.

BRINLEY'S POV

I stand up and open the blinds, turning off the movie. I lay back down with Wesley as she slowly wakes up.

"How was your nap?" I ask.

"I didn't wake up once." She says proudly.

"Where'd Niall go?" She asks, looking around for him.

"He's raiding the fridge currently." She smiles.

"You like him don't you?" She teases. I furrow my eyebrows at her.

"What?"

"Oh come one! You let him draw on your face!" She giggles.

I frown and run into the bathroom. I look back to see Wesley breaking down in a fit of giggles. She hasn't laughed like this for months. I smile and leave, trying to track down Niall. Sure enough, he's at the second fridge, stacking up on puddings. He has a tower of about five leading up from his hand down to his chin.

"Sup?" He asks, avoiding my eyes.

"Don't try to get out of this mister." He smiles and meets my eyes.

"What are you talking about?" He boldly asks. He brushes past me, kicking the refrigerator closed. I follow him back to the room, picking up the few containers he drops. Once inside the room, I see Wesley laying down on bed, arms folded over her skinny stomach.

"Are you a part of this crime?" I ask.

"What crime? You look better with it!" She shouts, high fiving Niall.

He laughs out loud, one of those laughs that you never forget. He holds his stomach, and bends over almost wheezing. I smile, no where near angry. I refuse to give up so easily. I stomp off to the corner of the room and stare out the window, my back facing them.

"Wesley? We need to finish your chemo. Just another hour." A nurse asks timidly, peering her head into the room. 

From my peripheral I see her hop off the bed and take the hand of the nurse, following her outside. I stare at the wall, stubborn enough not to turn around. After a few seconds, I can feel fingertips lightly touch my neck and spread out to my shoulders.

"You know you should be better at covering up your tattoos." Niall whispers, his fingers tracing my shoulder tattoo. I tense, partially from the subject, partially from his touch.

Oh and if you could check out my new series, 'Imagines' - they're just imagines of all the boys - that'd be awesome! Thank you!