Chapter 2

Nate's POV

I ran a hand through my hair as I got ready for my pack's attack on the Tranquil Ice pack. I had found out through unnamed sources that they had a hand in my mother's death, so I didn't hesitate to make the decision to kill them all.

When I stood in front of my pack's warriors, I felt a sense of pride and accomplishment. 20 years ago, our pack was reduced to nothing. There were only about 10 wolves left, and I was their 7-year-old alpha. But now, I had fought enough to prove myself, and had made my pack the strongest in the world.

As my warriors and I headed to the Tranquil Ice pack's school, my wolf, Cole, started to grow more excited. Both of us were ready to get revenge on those who had helped to ruin my parents' lives.

I shifted when I got to the field and let out a loud growl. While looking around at all the fighting, I cruelly smiled and walked forward. 

But suddenly, as I was walking, I smelled something amazing. It had layers and layers of all the best scents in the world, and I slowly started to realize that the smell meant that my mate was here.

I heard a soft gasp in the field and made eye contact with a girl who was standing, dumbfounded, in the middle of all the fighting. She was gorgeous, with soft brown curls and vivid blue eyes. Oddly, the first things that I thought when I looked at her was that I wanted her to have my pups, and that I wanted to protect her forever.

I shifted, overlooking the fact that I was naked in front of her, and whispered, "Mine."

******