Chapter 32- Part 2

Author's Note

Are you all excited for the Olympics? Which country are you rooting for? I usually root for the US, because I'm from there, Japan, because I'm half Japanese, and Australia, because a lot of my closest friends are from there.

The Spongebob picture is how I feel after reaching 60k reads. Thank you for all of the reads, along with the votes and comments!

 Thank you for all of the reads, along with the votes and comments!

******

Sera's POV

Nate and I held hands as we walked to the prison together. He had a serious expression on his face, which was surprisingly attractive on him, but his face softened as he looked down at me.

"You sure you want to come?" he clasped my hand tightly.

"Of course," I leaned against his shoulder. "I have a lot of questions."

"Just want you to be safe baby," he kissed my forehead and I smiled up at him.

"Love you."

"Love you more." Nate unlocked the door to the prison by scanning his face in a cool futuristic looking pod thing, and pushed the super thick steel door open. "You first," he held the door open for me and I walked in cautiously. The prison was humongous, and it was lit up and looked like something in sci-fi movies.

(I don't know how to describe all of this, so here's a picture I found online)

"So, where are they?" I glanced around the glass cells, and it just looked like there were all empty

"Oh, we upgraded it all, they're stuck in the cells behind the ones you see," he pressed a button, scanned his hand, and the blue lasers separated. "Here, this one's empty." He laid his hand on my lower back and did a bunch of complicated security stuff before he showed me the inside of the cell. 

It looked... gross and gloomy, compared to the outside of the cell. It was barren, with a dirty mattress thrown on one side and a grimy toilet that made me almost vomit from the stench.

"Bleh," I ran my fingers over the bricked wall, covered with tick marks and curse words. There was a weird slime in the corners, and I winced and moved back when I stepped into a puddle of it.

"Bleh is right," Nate pulled me back and held me close. "Don't think prisoners deserve good living conditions, eh?"

"Sure," I walked out of the prison cell with Nate behind me, and watched as he locked it once again.

"Here they are," we stopped in front of four jail cells with red lasers instead of blue ones. "I'll go ask my men to bring them to the interrogation room."

Fifteen minutes later, Nate and I were standing behind a one-way glass where we could see into a steel-covered interrogation room with a lone black chair. We watched as a vault door opened and a bloody prisoner walked in. As he flipped his greasy hair back and looked at the glass, I realized who he was. It was Jack.

"Can I go in?" I asked.

"Wait baby," Nate pressed a button. A soldier marched into the room and tied Jack to the wall. His wrists and ankles were in steel clasps, and his torso was also held on the wall by a large steel bar. "Now you can go in, but remember to be safe."

"Think I can handle myself," I used my hands to rub away the worry lines on Nate's forehead so it was smooth again. "I'll be fine, stop frowning."

"Just be safe," he kissed my lips and opened the door for me. The soldier opened the other door for me, and I entered the room tentatively.

"Ha, ha, ha, look who's here," Jack grinned like the Joker and showcased his crooked teeth.

"I have some questions for you," I stood in front of him and glared.

"What do I get in exchange?" he licked his cracked lips. I paused for a second to think.

"Ten years off your sentence," I said. He was going to die anyway, but I couldn't think about anything.

"What's ten years off of a three lifetime sentence?" he scoffed.

(^ if you know what this is from, then you're extra amazing)

"I'll get you one good meal, whatever you want." It would probably be his last meal, but I wouldn't tell him that.

"Fine, ask away," Jack laid his head against the wall.

"Umm," I clicked my fingers when I realized what I should ask. "How'd you know I was a white wolf?"

"Your mother," he started. "She was a white wolf, I tried to get her blood once I saw her shift."

"What happened after that?"

"Didn't work, she killed herself before I could get to her," he blinked as if remembering memories.

"Do I have any other family members besides Liam and Derek?" I held my breath as I waited for him to answer. A moment of silence passed before Jack spoke.

"You do." I gasped.

"Who are they?"

******