Chapter 10

Sera's POV

After a sleepless night, I opened my eyes to see that I had been moved to a different room. I was no longer hung on the X-shaped post, but rather tied to a bed with silver handcuffs. I could feel every cut and bruise that Jack had inflicted on me, and I wasn't healing as fast as I should be because he had rubbed wolf bane on all of my injuries.

I slowly twisted my neck back and forth, feeling a satisfying crack as I did so. I knew I couldn't move, so I just lay there, like a sack of potatoes, waiting for someone to come.

While I was laying on the bed, I heard a loud bang and shouts outside of the room. I tried to move my wrists out of the handcuffs, but I just ended up burning them. With a sigh, I laid down on the bed and thought about what to do.

In the process of trying to think of a way to escape, the door banged open and I lifted my head slightly to see a man walk in. He pressed a button on the side wall and my handcuffs opened. I pushed my body up and made eye contact with the man.

"Luna, the alpha sent me to rescue you," he lifted me up and carried me out of the room. I saw that I was in a large grey warehouse that was only furnished with weapons and wooden postures. A once empty room was covered with bodies and torn limbs. I winced when I saw that a torso of what presumably had been a man surrounded with bloody teared limbs.

"Sera!" I turned my head to see Nate running towards us, covered in blood. He reached out to take me from the other man's arms.

"Oh hell no," I waved my finger in his face. He looked at me confused so I just waved my finger up and down at his clothes and said, "You have blood all over your body, so unless you clean that up, you're not touching me."

"I feel so loved today," he sighed and then pulled his shirt off of him, revealing his perfect 6 pack and toned chest.

"Nate!" I drank in the sight of him, and my mouth opened.

"Take a picture dear," Nate smirked at me and gestured towards his body. "It'll last longer, and you can stare at me all day."

"I wasn't looking at you!" Nate ignored what I had said and pulled me up and held me close.

"I missed you so much," Nate kissed my neck and carried me outside of the warehouse. "You know I will never let you leave my clutches after this."

"Sure, Nate," I made eye contact with him and kissed his cheek softly. His eyes warmed as he looked at me and stroked my face.

"I love you Sera," Nate clutched me closer. "And I know that you don't love me yet, but all that matters right now is that I love you more than anyone can imagine, and will do anything for you to stay next to me."

"Nate I-"

"You don't need to stay anything right now, let's go home."

"Okay."

******

Nate's POV

I laid Sera down on our bed and put a blanket over her. Her eyes were fluttering and I knew that she was about to fall asleep.

"Sleep tight beautiful," I kissed her forehead and she smiled up at me before her breathing evened out and she fell asleep.

"G'night Natey," she whispered as I turned away to leave the room. I opened the door and walked out to see Jason, my beta, waiting outside.

"Update on Jack?" I asked him. The slimy rogue had escaped as we were attacking. He was a rogue through and through, abandoning his men so that he would survive.

"He's laying low right now," Jason said. "But that's not what matters right now."

"What happened?"

"That man we caught a couple days ago," he looked me in the eyes. "Dylan, he's not in his cell anymore."

******