Chapter 4

Author's Note

Was Wattpad down for anyone yesterday? It wasn't working on my phone or computer and I was worrying a little bit.

Nevertheless, thank you for all the votes and reads!

******

Sera's POV

Slowly, I opened my eyes and glanced around to see where I was. All I could see was a man leaning over me. And woah, he was the most handsome man I had ever seen. He had soft green eyes and his jaw was so chiseled that it looked like it could slice a sheet of paper. No kidding. His thick black hair was the color of midnight, and I could tell, even through his clothes, that his body was built with muscle.

A few short moments later, my memory started to come back and I finally realized what situation I was in.

He, or should I say my mate, then grinned and said, "Hello darling." So, being the idiot I am, I started screaming because I couldn't think of anything else to do.

"What are you doing!" I sat up in the bed and tried to push him away from me. "Why did you bring me here?"

"Sera," he leaned back in his chair. "You're my mate, and the future luna of the Dark Moon pack."

"No," I shook my head. "I'm not your mate."

His eyes flashed as he growled, "Yes you are."

"No, my father said that we have to hate you, you're our enemy."

"At this point, I don't care whether your pack hates ours. You will mate with me and be my pack's luna."

"I don't want to," I knew I was acting like a spoiled child, but I did not want to mate with someone who had such a reputation for being cruel.

"You will learn to love me," he stroked my cheek lovingly, but I turned my head away. His eyes showed hurt and regret before he said, "I can already imagine you next to me for the rest of eternity."

I looked away from him as he stood up out of his seat and stared down at me. Then, with a sigh, he walked out of the room and shut the door.

Once he walked out, I pushed the covers off of me and looked around me. The room I was in was cozy and warm, while still giving off a sense of luxury and sophistication. But, I didn't have time to look around and admire the room. I needed to escape and find my pack, or what was left of it.

Now, a lot of people probably wondered why I didn't just choose to be Nate's mate and love him. But, honestly, if you knew what he was known for doing, how many packs he had ruined, how many wolves he had murdered with his own 2 hands, you would run away screaming.

I opened the bedroom door slowly and poked my head out. I saw a long and wide hallway on both sides and saw no one. So I started to walk down one way and continued until I saw that I had walked into a large room. It had floor to ceiling glass windows that covered both sides of it and had a massive stone fireplace.

I wasn't worried about the fact that it seemed like the room was 5 floors above the ground, or because the place I was in was probably in the middle of nowhere, but because of the fact that there were about 30 other people in the room.

30 people who proceeded to bow down to me in sync and say, "Luna."

Oh crap.

******