Chapter 33

Author's Note

Thank you for 70k reads and 2k votes!

******

Jack's POV

I grinned at the pathetic girl in front of me.

She believed anything that I fed her, even all of this crap about her having more family.

I had killed all of them; and the ones who were alive were about as important as my foot.

******

Sera's POV

I waited a second and stared at Jack. His eyes were shifty, and he kept wrinkling his forehead. I had this weird feeling that he was lying, but I decided to ignore it. I would listen to whatever crap he spewed out of his mouth this time.

"Your mother had a sister," he trailed off. "Her name was.... Julia." I could tell that he was lying; he kept blinking and shifting his eyes from side to side.

"How old was she? What was her last name? How tall was she? Did she have children? Where's she now? Where did she live?" I tilted my head from side to side as I said each question. This guy was bullshîting harder than politicians did.

"She was four...ty years old, her last name was Zucker... Trug, she lived in-"

"Stop lying," I glared at him. "What's wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me?" he cackled. "Look at yourself; pathetic, living under a man, looking for family even though you know very well that they're all gone."

"Psychopath," I glanced at him one more time before leaving the room. 

"You okay?" I looked up to see Nate's worried eyes.

"I'm okay," I rubbed his shoulder. "Just kind of angry and disappointed."

"Don't worry baby, we're going to go meet Harper," he kissed the side of my head. "Then we'll get dinner, that'll cheer you up, eh?"

"Better not give me healthy food," I tapped his nose and we both started walking to Kurt's bedroom. 

"Of course not," he wrapped an arm around my waist. "You're too skinny anyways."

When we got to Kurt's room, I heard faint yelling, and I immediately felt bad for Kurt. His ears were probably broken by now.

"Hello-" I stopped as I saw what was going on in the room. Harper was jumping up and down on the bed, her dress covered in cupcake frosting. She was yelling something about unicorns and fairies. Kurt had shaving cream on half of his face, and was trying to shave without cutting himself. Amanda had curlers in her hair and was running around furiously in a robe trying to find something.

"Cee-cee!" Harper shrieked and ran off the bed into my arms. She almost pushed me over when she jumped on me, and then proceeded to play with my hair.

"Hi Harper," I spun her around and grinned when she giggled.

"Thank you for being here," Kurt looked relieved and scratched his head. "I didn't know how much more I could take."

"Can you get her dressed?" Amanda asked. "I'll tell you the story later." I smiled and started to dress Harper in her pink fluffy dress. In the corner of my eyes, I watched Kurt and Nate do that man hug/ hand shake thing that I couldn't really describe. They smacked their hands together, entwined their thumbs, then hit the side of their chests against each other, and pulled away. 

"Can I get candy? Can I get candy? Can I get candy? Can I get candy?" Harper repeated the phrase over and over until I felt like I wanted to rip off my ears.

"You can get candy, but after you eat your dinner," she poked my nose and smiled at my words. This girl could get anything she wanted.

"Hey, are you ready?" I looked over to see that everyone had gotten into fancy clothes, while I was wearing the ugliest clothes ever.

"No, I have to change," I placed Harper on the floor and started to comb through my hair with my fingers.

"What's wrong with what you're wearing?" Nate tilted his head. "You look beautiful."

"No no no, I'm wearing comfy clothes, not fancy dinner clothes," I glanced at Amanda. "Can you help me?"

"Sure, boys leave," Amanda and I pushed them all out of the room, and I grabbed Harper and placed her in front of the TV. Some kid cartoon was on, and I was confused with what was going on in the show, but it looked like Harper enjoyed it.

Amanda helped me into a gorgeous light blue dress that stopped mid-thigh. It had a sweetheart neckline and the skirt felt super soft and light. (above) Amanda handed me a pair of silver high heels and some crystal teardrop earrings. Every time I wore heels, I felt like I was going to topple any second, but they made my legs look really nice.

"You're ready!" Amanda patted my cheeks with some blush and we both rushed to leave. It had taken about thirty minutes to do our make up because we kept singing and dancing along to a Beyoncé playlist instead of focusing. Plus, I had to redo my eyeliner a thousand times so that I could get it right. I had no idea how people could to a perfect line in seconds, when my hand shook every time the eyeliner went near my eyes. "Here we are!" Amanda stopped right in front of the large doors in front of the banquet room. "And you do know what's going on tonight, right?"

"Dinner..." I trailed off when I saw Amanda shaking her head.

"This is your Luna ceremony, you're officially joining the pack today," she started to open the doors.

"What?" Before I could say or do anything else, the doors were already opened and I was looking into a humongous room filled with pack members, all staring in our direction.

I suddenly felt the need to pee.

******