Chapter 42

Sera's POV

When we finally got everything settled and were able to get a tent, Nate and I laid together on an air mattress. The air mattress was hard and uncomfortable, but I guess it was better than sleeping on the grass. It was night time, and everyone was starting to get ready to go to sleep. I was exhausted from the long, action-filled day that we had went through, and was ready to sleep for as long as possible.

"Can't wait till we get back on an actual bed," Nate sighed as he wrapped his arm tightly around my waist and leaned into me.

"That's going to take a while," I laid back against his chest and enjoyed the comforting feeling of his arms.

"Anyway..." he trailed off. "Do you remember our little bet from before?"

"Yea," I turned around so that I faced him directly. "I think my phone's over there." I reached over him and he quickly spun me around so that I was on my back and he was on top of me. "Hey!" He grabbed my phone off of the ground and started typing stuff onto it. "How do you know my passcode?"

"There's not much I don't know about you," Nate grinned as he continued to play around with my phone.

"That sounds kinda stalker-ish," I tapped his cheek with the palm of my hand.

"Mmhmm," he paused for a second as he concentrated on what was on my phone's screen. "Ah-Hah!" He turned the phone around and showed me what was on it. "Read it."

"Snuggle, to lie or press closely..." Oh crap. "But that's dictionary.com, that's not trustworthy! Go to that fancy English dictionary!"

"Snuggle, to settle or move into a warm, comfortable position, Oxford Dictionary." Nate paused and looked down at me with a triumphant grin on his face. 

"But.. but..."

"No buts," he put a finger against my lips. "I won, and you have to pay up."

"I hate you." I turned my head away from his face; his grin was annoying me.

"Go to sleep baby," he laid down next to me and pulled me close. "I'll tell you what to wear tomorrow."

******

When I woke up, my nose was full of boogers. It sounds weird but all of the dirt and particles in the air had gathered in my nose and it felt horrible. And they weren't those soft boogers, they were the hard kind that sticks to your nose. 

As I contemplated what was going on in my nose, I realized that I was the only one in the tent. I pushed myself up on the bed and felt the sheets slide down my chest. It was chilly without my blanket, and I reluctantly slid out of bed. 

"Cold!" The ground was freezing cold, and my bare feet didn't take that well. I grabbed Nate's jacket, and I felt kind of ridiculous in it because it went down to my thighs, but it was warm and smelled like Nate. 

"Good morning baby," Nate stuck his head through the tent's flap, and I was immediately cautious because he had a mischievous grin on his face. That grin never meant anything good.

"Mornin'," I replied. "Whatcha got there?"

"Something special," he winked as he walked up to me. His warm hands picked me up by the waist and set me on the bed. 

"You look shady." Nate handed a white rectangular box to me. "What's this?"

"Remember that bet we made?"

"Yes..." I answered cautiously.

"Well, I did some online shopping and," he tapped the top of the box he had given me. "I picked out something for you to wear."

"Okay." I pursed my lips as I peeled the tape off the sides of the box. For a second, I paused and contemplated whether or not I should just run away and hide from Nate so I wouldn't have to pay up on the bet, but I knew he would catch me, so I just took the box's top off.

"Ta-da!" I pulled the tissue paper away and saw a tank top and a pair of leggings. When I lifted the tank top out of the box, I groaned.

"Seriously?" I glared up at Nate.

"Yep. Look at the back." I flipped the shirt around and sighed.

"You seriously expect me to wear this?"

"Yep."

"In public?"

"In front of the whole pack."

"I hate you." Somehow, he had gotten a custom made T-shirt shipped to him overnight. He had designed a white tank top with large black lettering. The shirt said "I'm Nate's" on the front, and "property of Nate" on the back. The leggings he had bought me were cute, but when I looked closely at the black-and-white print on them, I rolled my eyes. The pattern was the same three words written over and over in cursive. The three words were "property of Nate." "Are you serious?"

"100% serious. I also got you a jacket." He passed me a black jacket that also had the three words bedazzled on the back. And I had to admit, the clothes were cute, but I knew that it would be awkward to walk around with all this wonderful lettering on my clothes.

"Gee thanks. Did you buy me undies with your name on them too?" I said sarcastically.

"I'll go buy a pair of them right now," he grabbed his phone out of his pocket and started to type stuff in.

"DON'T!" I rolled my eyes. "What shoes do you want me to wear?"

"Ah! You reminded me," he pulled out a familiar orange box with a big check on them. "Here." Nate had bought me a pair of simple black nikes with a white check on them.

"I'll get you back for this," I glared up at him as I started to change.

"Sure." Nate smirked as he flopped onto the bed and wrapped his arm around my waist. He looked up at me while he was laying on his back. "We can stay here all day, if you're too afraid to go out in that." He moved his eyebrows up and down and had a salacious grin on his face, so I had a good idea as to what he was planning to do if we stayed here all day. 

"No," I sighed. "I lost a bet, and how could I deny you the joy of being the alpha that you want to be?"

Nate laughed. "Love you baby."

"I love you too," I sighed.

While I was changing, I was trying to brace myself for all the embarrassment that would come from wearing this outfit.

******