Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Angelina's Point of View:

I can’t believe it’s already the 17th of July. It’s been almost a month since summer started and since I met the brothers. I can honestly say that I’ve got to know them better. At first, I didn’t really like them but now, it’s the complete opposite.

“I’ll race you downstairs!” Liam screamed and I snapped my head around to see him running like a five year old.

“Oh no, you don’t,” I muttered as I took off after him. Trying to pass him on the stairs was harder than I expected. I tried to push the childish boy but he ended up pushing me much harder that I tripped on the last stair.

A surprised squeal escaped my lips and I held onto Liam so that I wouldn’t fall but his push was so damn strong that we both ended up falling.

“You’re so stupid,” I muttered as I tried to stand up.

“You’re stupid,” he crossed his arms over his chest sounding like a kid. I glared at him and he glared back and that is how, of course, our staring competition began. I stared into his blue eyes waiting for him to blink as he did the same thing to me.

“You two are so childish,” I heard Lee say, amusement clear in his voice. I wasn’t going to lose that staring competition.

I narrowed my eyes slightly at the blond boy in front of me. Suddenly a hand covered my whole face making me jerk backwards in surprise. I blinked at looked up to see Drew smirking at us and covering both of our faces with his large hands.

I scowled at him for ruining the staring competition and held out my hand as if ordering him to help me up. He rolled his eyes at me but pulled me back to my feet nonetheless. I muttered a quick ‘thanks’ as I walked into the other room and turned on the T.V. The brothers trailed behind me and I tried to find something to watch but there wasn’t anything good on.

“That tree is perfect for a treehouse.” I turned my head to look at Drew who was standing by the window, looking at a tree in my backyard. This tree has been there ever since I can remember.

“I know,” I answered with a small smile. Dad and I wanted to build a treehouse when I was around nine but during that summer, there were many family problems and we never got the chance to do so. I secretly still wanted one.

“Let’s build one then,” Drew shrugged as if it were the simplest thing in the world. I stared at him, surprised by his statement.

“Do you even know how to build a treehouse?” I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

“We built one with dad when we were kids,” he spaced out for a few seconds as if remembering the incident. When his flashback was over he spoke again. “I’m sure we can build one.”

“I can sketch it if you want just so we can know what we’re doing,” Lee offered. I thought about it for a while. It would be really awesome if we were able to build a treehouse.

“Alright,” I finally decided “You start sketching and I’ll get the boards, nails, and the tools we need.”

“We’ll help you.” Liam and Drew offered and I nodded as we went up to the third floor.

Right next to the music room was a room filled with tools like the ones we needed for the treehouse. I switched on the lights and looked around the messy room.

“Um Liam can you carry this bag downstairs and put it next to the tree outside?” I told the blonde brother who nodded and carried the black plastic bag which had the nails and a couple of hammers and tools in it.