Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Angelina's Point of View:

I was excited about our treehouse so much that I started dragging plastic chairs outside as soon as I woke up. Four chairs and a small table were enough, I thought as I went back inside to get one of those small plastic tables on which I used to have a tea party with my dolls when I was five.

I was going up to the third floor to get the table but I saw Drew on the second floor going out of his room. I let my eyes roam over his whole body. He was wearing a pair of black sweatpants and a thin white cotton shirt. The sleepy look on his face and his messed hair made him look even hotter.

“Good morning,” I chirped and he smiled lazily.

“Where are you going?” he asked when he saw me going up to the third floor. I stopped and turned around to face him.

“I’m going to get the plastic table for the treehouse,” I told him with a smile. I imagined how the inside of our treehouse will turn out and smiled at the image that came to my mind.

“Oh,” he said then added “I’ll help you.”

“You don’t have to, it’s small so it’s not heavy,” I told him as we went up the stairs but he insisted on helping. We reached the room and when I turned on the lights I quickly spotted the small white table in the far corner of the room. It was a small circular white table with a few pink lines on the rim.

I smiled a bit as I remembered the days when I was five. I used to wear a tiny pink dress and the small tiara, pretending that I was a princess and all my Barbie dolls were my friends. Mom used to prepare small cakes and tea for us and I would just sit there for hours talking to my dolls. Sometimes I would invite my friends over and we would talk as if we were all princesses.

“This one?” Drew asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“Yep,” I answered as I bent down to pick it up but he held me by my waist and pulled me back. I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at him.

“I’ll take it,” he said as a smile tugged onto his lips. I rolled my eyes at him as he carried the table.

“I could’ve carried it on my own,” I muttered as we went back downstairs. Drew chuckled and shook his head at me while I shot him another playful glare.

I wiped the table and chairs because I haven’t used them in a long time and they were a bit dirty. After that we took them up to the treehouse.

When we put them in the treehouse, an awesome idea came to my mind. I rushed back to the house without saying any other word to Drew. I ran up the stairs to the third floor and took out the small white fridge we had. We used to take that fridge with us to the beach house but a few years ago we bought another one and kept it there. I dragged it out of the room because it was too heavy for me to carry. When I got to the top of the stairs, Drew appeared and I breathed a sigh of relief. He’ll carry it.

“Awesome,” he grinned widely when he saw the fridge. I smiled too and he picked it up easily and took it to the treehouse. It was a bit hard to get it up but we eventually did. We put it in one corner of the room and I smiled as I observed the beautiful treehouse. It felt so warm and cozy. I loved it.

“Wow,” I turned around when I heard Liam’s voice and saw the other two brothers standing behind us, admiring the inside of the treehouse.

“It turned out better than I imagined,” Lee said and we all nodded in agreement. It really was awesome.