Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Angelina's Point of View:

Do you know the time when so many emotions and thoughts are running through your head and you can’t decide what to feel?

Yeah that’s exactly what I felt when I heard Drew’s words.

Shock.

Anger.

Pain.

Jealousy.

Confusion.

Hate.

Is it even possible for someone to feel all these at the same time? If there was a color for every emotion, I would be a glowing rainbow right now.

I can honestly say that this was something I didn’t expect. At all. How could that happen? He doesn’t even know anyone!

Seriously, after all that has happened, I’m so sure he could tell that I like him. He can’t be stupid enough not to notice it! And by going on a date with some other girl, he is hurting me more than he can imagine.

I won’t let him see any of my emotions. He will not see what his words have done to me. I tried and failed to stop the billion thoughts from clouding my brain.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and built up enough courage to speak.

“Really?” I asked him, surprised that my voice came out blank. I’m getting better at this.

He frowned slightly before his expression turned happy again. “Yeah!”

I climbed into my car and put on my seatbelt.

“With who?” I turned my head to the right to look at Drew but I found Liam sitting in the passenger’s seat.

Confused, I turned around and saw Drew sitting next to Lee in the back. My frown deepened as I stared at the eldest brother. It was the first time he sits in the back.

“Her name is Nancy. She’s not from here but she’s staying for the summer.”

I giggled and the brothers gave me a questioning look.

“Nancy Drew,” I said and laughed again. This was going great! I felt proud of myself for being able to joke around even though I was hurt.

 Liam burst out laughing and Lee chuckled as well. Drew crossed his arms over his chest and muttered something under his breath.

Liam turned on the radio and I didn’t ask any more questions even though I was dying to know more about his date.

I could barely hear Lee’s voice with the music playing and when I looked at him through the rear view mirror, he was glaring at Drew who looked slightly guilty.

What was that about?

Before I could ask them though, Liam started talking.

“What do you think I should get Tia for her birthday?” He asked and I immediately remembered that it was the twins’ birthday in three days, on the 30th of July.

“How about we go to the mall today? You, Lee, and I. We’ll get the gifts together.”

“Okay,” he agreed, smiling.

“You’re leaving me home alone?” Drew asked, feigning hurt.

“You’ll be on your date,” I pointed out.