Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Angelina's Point of View:

“Finally!” I said relief clear in my voice. We had just finished gathering wood for the fire. It was now three in the afternoon. We didn’t have lunch yet so the guys started whining. I rolled my eyes at them.

I took out the can of hotdogs, the bag of bread, ketchup, and mustard.

“Yum!” Nate said when he saw what we were having for lunch. I took out a knife to cut the bread and ordered Jack and Greg to get the tissues.

Drew and I were cutting the bread, Mia and Lee were adding the hotdogs, and Tia and Liam were adding the ketchup and mustard. Nate, Jack, and Greg were putting the logs and mats for us to sit.

“Are you okay?” I asked Drew. He was silent the whole time and he looked as if he wasn’t even here.

“Yeah,” was his only reply. I kept on staring at him, trying to figure out what was wrong with him.

“What?” He finally snapped “Stop staring. It’s rude.”

“I-I…” I blushed “I just wanted to see if you’re okay…”

“I told you I’m fine,” he said angrily.

“Sorry,” I lowered my gaze and bit my lip. Why did he get so angry? Was I being annoying? Was it my fault? Did I do something wrong?

“Did I do something?” I said quietly, focusing on cutting the bread and not daring to look up at him.

I heard him sigh and I looked up at him. His blue eyes bore into mine.

“No,” he finally said.

I frowned slightly. “Okay. And I’m sorry if I did.”

He muttered something under his breath that sounded like ‘why do you have to be so nice?’ but I can’t be sure.

“What?” I asked, suddenly curious.

“Nothing,” he said and I let it slide.

Soon, all the sandwiches were ready. I made two for each person (except for the twins who ate one each).

“I’m so full!” Tia whined when she was done with her one sandwich. I laughed at her and started eating my second sandwich.

“How can you eat two?” Mia told me, patting her full stomach.

I shrugged and swallowed. “I just love food.”

“But you don’t get fat,” Tia pointed out “And you eat more than the guys!”

“I’m just lucky.” I shrugged and at the same time the guys screamed, offended.

“She can’t eat more than us,” Jack said confidently and I smirked at him.

“Don’t be so sure,” Liam muttered and I shot him a smug smile. He learned that when I ate more pancakes than him.

“Alright then Shorty, I dare you to eat three sandwiches,” Nate said.

I looked down at my second hotdog sandwich which was half eaten. I will show them that I can eat more than them.

“Okay,” I said “I will.”

They prepared another sandwich for me as I finished my second sandwich.

I caught Drew smiling at me in amusement and I flashed him a grin. He shook his head at me, still looking amused.