Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Angelina's Point of View:

“Ah!” I screamed and jumped as soon as I entered the house.

“Gotcha,” dad said, laughing at me.

“Dad!” I scolded him “You scared me!”

“That was the whole point behind me hiding and jumping out when you came in,” he said matter-of-factly and I scowled as Drew chuckled.

We had just returned from our date and my dad scared me as soon as we came in. I expected the brothers to be waiting at this time but not my dad. I thought he would be asleep by now. It’s already 11:00p.m and he seemed tired earlier.

I still couldn’t believe that my dad was back and he was smiling at me. As stupid as it sounds, a part of me was waiting for that dream to end but as the time passed, that feeling is slowly fading.

“How was your date princess?” Dad asked.

“It was good,” I replied, smiling at Drew.

“Aw my baby girl’s in love,” Dad cooed and I blushed.

“Dad!” I whined, trying to hide my red face with my hair. I heard Drew snicker and I shot him a glare. He raised his hands in mock surrender, making me roll my eyes.

“Go to sleep princess,” daddy said “We have a long day at the beach tomorrow.”

I nodded my head and kissed his cheek, excited for tomorrow. “Goodnight daddy,” I said as I took Drew’s hand and we started walking upstairs.

“Why is he going with you?” Dad asked and I winced. I can’t say I wasn’t expecting that, but I was just hoping he wouldn’t notice

“He’s um sleeping in my room…” I started “The guest room has only two beds.”

Dad glared at Drew and then he turned to me.

“He’s not sleeping in your room.”

“But dad—” I started but he cut me off.

“No buts. That’s final,” dad said sternly.

I opened my mouth to protest but Drew beat me.

“Okay, sir. I’ll just grab my stuff,” he said and gave me a look that clearly told me to shut up. I grumbled under my breath as I followed him into my room.

“Where are you going to sleep?” I asked him, crossing my arms over my chest as he took out his sweatpants. I wanted him to stay in my room but I wasn’t going to admit that to him. He’ll get way too cocky.