12

His hair now has completely turned black, probably because of the black chakra he had been trained to use all these times. Every time he learned to control it, use it, embrace it in him, his hair turned black in some part until there is no more yellow. He looked at himself in the mirror, not recognizing his own face, his own features... He looks so beaten up, tired, exhausted actually, his slimmer now, even he can see that, and all that didn't change him more than the light in his eyes. He looks more like an adult now for some reason. He drew in a breath, wondering if he came home, would anyone recognize him. Would they still see Boruto? Or this stranger? A knock came from the door, light and weak. From the sound of it, it must be Shizuka after her training as well. "I'm coming." He said, opening the door to see not Shizuka, but Akeboshi. He blinked, it was not usual for him to be knocking on his door late at night. Looking up at him with his bright red eyes and pretty face. Nothing from his expression can tell him what his purpose was. It was as blank as an old plank, looking sideways before finally matching his gaze with him.

"I didn't expect you Akeboshi. Is there anything I can help you with?" He asked.

"You must have thought I was Shizuka or Kuroy. I'm sorry to disturb you this late at night." He said, taking out something from his right pocket. Something long and thin, like photos. Akeboshi looked up from it. "Can I come in? This may take long."

Boruto moved aside awkwardly. "O-oh yeah, sorry I thought you just needed something. Please come in." He waved his hand into his room and Akeboshi walked in. He didn't look around but sat on his chair politely. "I hope it's ok if I sit here."

"No no, it's fine. You were going to tell me something, what is it?"

"Do you know we were sent to Konoha?"

The name of his village, the whole question send his body cold as he spoke. "What do you mean? You were sent to Konoha? What were you doing?" He demanded, trying to control his frustration. He could not imagine, just thinking about an ANBU from this village to go there. And he had told him about his family, about how he missed his friend, about his father's habits, about everything when they sat together to chat one night. It was not because he was curious; it was because he needed information. Boruto's grip tightened with anger, the black chakra in him flows harder under his skin as he tried to control it.

"You tricked me." He said in a deep growl. Akeboshi smiled, his expression kicked him.

"You think this is funny? What did you do!?" Akeboshi raised his hands to calm him.

"I took some documents from your father's office and left Boruto. I don't see why you are so upset; you are on our side now. Not them." He hated to think about it but Akeboshi was right. Boruto sat down, leaning back on the wall. But even if he was not theirs anymore, he still loved them.

"Believe me; we did no harm to anyone. In fact, I did you a favor."

That was not something he can be happy about, Boruto thought sitting back while examining Akeboshis thin smile. Weighing the possibilities it would be something good or bad in this matter. It was sure to be something bad, someone like Akeboshi who had lost his entire family and was homeless on the streets for years that hatred radiates from him. Building a wall that had let people away from him automatically, knowing he was ruthless and cruel and dangerous. For he was a good actor, who could fool the most expert liars. With his beautiful features and thin slender body, girls all over who had fallen in love with him were hurt and broken hearted. He was the bear of bad news Kuroy had once told him. So what favor could someone like him make for him? Boruto looked away.

"Do you really think that badly of me? I really did do you a favor." He said almost like he could read his mind and speak it out loud. "I just wanted to tell you how things are there without you. That you have nothing to worry about." Akeboshi said, sounding truly concerned that Boruto could not imagine he was acting at all. When their gaze met, Akeboshi gave him what he had in his hands. Three layers of photos. Boruto took them and saw what was there. Akebosi, Sarada, and Mitsuki taking pictures in a photo box near the ramen shop he knew well. He looked up. "You were there for how long?" He said, now noticing that he had not see Akeboshi and his suspicious manner for quite the long time. His hands were cold when he touched the photos.