CHAPTER EIGHT

The morning had turned surprisingly dark after a start of shining sun and cloudless sky. But as time pass, dark clouds had come slowly and everything began to turn dark, shadowing his room in darkness. Long black shadows stretched from each furniture next to the window where the view of Konoha stretched to blurry boxes of brown and gray. He had not put that much thought to it but say thanks that the sky was a perfect match to what he felt inside. Mitsuki had finished packing his small amount of clothing's and zipped his backpack on the table. It's small bell jingling when he threw it over his shoulder and with no further thought he left his room. Closing the door when a woman came walking to him, a piece of paper in her hand.

"Aunt Sakura, good morning," Mitsuki said, ignoring her pale expression.

"You knew didn't you?" She went straight to the point. Aunt Sakura's hair was muffled by the wind and some strand of her hair had pointed out. She looked tired and pale faced, dark circles under her eyes. He shrugged. "I have to go." He said. She looked stunned.

"Mitsuki, Sakura had gone out to look for Boruto. He left again and we don't know what he is up to. Do you know where they went?" She followed him. He didn't look back and walked faster thru the empty halls of the hospital. One or two walked pass him, but they gave no notice to them. "Hey!" Sakura turned him by force and he flinched.

"Sorry. But tell me, do you know where they went?" She said sharply. He glanced at her in return; throwing his gaze away when he shook his head.

"No, I don't know. They could be anywhere by now."

"A nurse saw you walking out of her room and said that they should leave her alone under her request. You were covering for her so you must have talked to her." Damn.

"She asked me to do it." He leaned on the wall. Sakura doubted him; he could see that in her eyes when she stared at him, willing to see the lie in his eyes. He remembered how his father had once told him the best way to tell a good lie is by believing the lie yourself. He never understood that time why his father would teach his son how to lie. In his ideal mind, a father should have taught him to be truthful, to always stand by what's right, and to always stand on the good side. Instead, he taught him that goodness is relative, depends on who sees the action. That what you believe is right is not the same for other people and you have no right to judge for who can say that your beliefs of right... is, right? He knew back then that his father was a criminal just because he wanted to find a way to live longer, to master all the technique there was to over. What's so bad about that? He had thought. Right now, it's the same.

"That's a lie!" She insisted. She grabbed hold of his collar, pushing him to the wall when Uncle Sasuke suddenly appeared behind her. He did nothing but told the nurse who was looking concern already that everything was fine. He ignored him.

"You have to tell me where she went, now."

"I'm telling you I don't know. I asked them to do that because she asked me to tell them that. Why would I lie?" He asked convincingly. Staring straight into her eyes as he said it, he believed what he said and after a while, she let him go. She sighs.

"You know that this is for Sarada's good." In your point of few. He thought coldly. If Sarada thinks that she could bring him back, then maybe she can. It was her choice and what kind of friend would make him if he gives in to them and told what he knew? Regardless of how she had said to hurt him, she was still someone he cared about. Sarada was one of the best students in the academy and she still is, if anyone could handle Boruto it's her, he thought. Bowing down, he started to walk. A hand pulled him back.

"You know that Boruto is not himself." It was Sasuke. Half of his face had been covered by his hair, showing only one hard eye that nearly pierced his wall of defense. Through his sharp black eyes, full lips, and shape of his face, it was not hard to see where Sarada had got her looks.