Chapter 14

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

There he was...the demon I was crying over, the exact same demon who was branded into my memory. I couldn't believe it. Was it just me slowly going insane? I didn't know what to do and by the looks of things he didn't know either, he just sat there on a branch with wide eyes. There was a slight glint from his face as a tear reflected the moonlight. His teeth were gritted together as I saw pure distress on his face. I reached a hand out to him and he clutched his chest. "Sebastian..." My voice was soft and I looked at him with soft eyes. All of the anger and sorrow I held towards him had melted away and all I could feel was love for him. "Please, come back to me." A tear fell down my cheek and my hand shook as I reached further out towards him, "please." Sebastian stared at me in shock and reached his hand towards my own, but just before our fingers could touch he ripped his arm away, shouting in pain. He threw his glove off and his mark was glowing brightly, it was obviously causing him pain. His attention moved away from his hand and towards me.

"I can't." He shook his head and I could hear his sorrow, was this the real Sebastian? But a sudden rush of anger flooded through me.

"Why do you do this to me! Why must you play with my emotions."

"I'm not-"

"You are! What other reason is there for you to be here!"

"(Y/n)"

"You stupid demon....can't you see I love you too much for it to be healthy!"

"Y/n"

"I missed you Sebastian, I just wanted you ba-"

"Y/N!"

"What!"

"I can't be around you, I can't stay with you...I was-"

"Then I'll forget you! I'll marry prince soma and in the end...in the end I will give my soul to Dean. Like how it was always meant to be." I shouted at him and slammed my window shut, closing my curtain as well so he couldn't see me. That whole thing was dreadful. I pored my heart out to him and he threw away my feelings. We both didn't really let each other speak. A loud snap of a tree made me jump and I peeked through my curtains to see two trees on the ground with Sebastian in between them, his shoulders shook and he hit another tree which toppled over. I pulled back and released a breath, he's just as angry as I am. There was a knock at my door and this time I didn't ignore it, I opened it wide and saw both Agni and soma standing there with fruit baskets. "Soma." The said man flinched slightly at the coldness of my voice, he almost dropped the fruit basket at the sudden noise.

"Y-yes (y/n)?" He stuttered and couldn't make eye contact with me. I gently grabbed his chin and lifted it up so he could look at me. His green eyes were slightly large at the contact and Agni watched the scene play out but was ready to jump in if anything went wrong.

"Consider us engaged." I had let go of his chin and turned towards Agni, "but at least give me time to...be alone." They both nodded and a certain piece of jewellery, which soma was holding, had caught my eye. It looked like an engagement ring, soma gently grabbed my hand and slid the expensive looking Jewellery onto my ring finger. I stared at the ring and I had to admit it was beautiful, it had a gold band with a (birth stone) in the middle and two black diamonds on either side.

"(Y/n)?" Soma spoke up and gently grabbed my hand with the ring, I looked up into his eyes and saw a hint of guilt in them. "I'll give you four months and then we leave for India." He kissed my knuckles, placing his fruit basket down on the floor and left with Agni trailing behind him. I suddenly sensed a presence at the other end of the corridor and I already knew who it was. I didn't look in his direction and stared down at my ring. People would see it as a ring but I...see it as an expensive leash. I drew in a deep breath, not ripping my eyes away from the ring.

"Dean... We need to find my families killer. I would never get close to him if I was in India." I snapped my eyes away from the ring and heard a slight growl from down the hall. I returned to my room with the fruit basket in hand, I need some comfort food.

(Time skip)

I sat down at my desk and started writing a letter addressed to the queen, saying that I had agreed to the engagement. But a sudden loud bang made me jump and I had spilt Ink all over the letter. I felt extremely irritated and stormed out of my study and towards what sounded the front area on the manor. I slammed open a door and saw two women with cloaks covering their hair and body, panting and kneeling on the floor, whilst Dean was staring down at them with his arms crossed. "Please we need to speak to her!" The women spoke at the same time and stood up in synch. Their cloaks fell off and my eyes widened when I saw their long wavy blonde hair cascade down their back. They were wearing performer clothes and I could see bruises and scars up their backs and arms.

"Mai? Mia? What are you doing here?" I questioned and they spun around, their sapphire blue eyes were bruised and full of tears.

"(Y/n) please!" One of the twins pleaded on her own, which made me slightly nervous, they never spoke on their own. "Let us stay here!"

"Janiman has gone crazy, his beatings became more severe." The other twin added, but before I could speak the twins said at the same time, "he wants you (y/n)!" They grabbed my arms and buried their heads into my body, crying uncontrollably. I glanced up at Dean and saw his eyebrows furrow.

"I'll let you stay but there is something you need to do for me." I kneeled down to their height and said in a serious voice, "why does Janiman want me?" The twins went quiet and they looked at each other with hesitation.

"Janiman...he..." The twin in the left muttered and then the other finished off her sentence, "said that he needed to finish what he had started." My eyes widened as a sudden realisation hit me.

A man in all white,
My mothers head being smashed against the corner of the desk repeatedly,
The Apple Janiman slammed against the crate whilst smirking at me,
Finish what he had started
Finish...what...he had...started.
I stood up, shaking and my breathing became uneven. "Janiman...Dean find him now!" I ran over to a safe that was behind a painting of myself and opened it up, pulling out a large pistol my dad once owned, "that bastard..." I loaded the gun and pulled a black cloak over my shoulders, "is going to pay!"