Chapter Four

Placing my empty bowl on the bedside table I watch the movie, contemplating on going back to the kitchen with my bowl but then deciding against it, just incase they are all still in there, I dont think my nerves can take another meeting with all of them, even if I have an acquaintance in there. I smile thinking of Paul, contrary to the other vampires he actually seems nice and didnt want to sink his fangs into me at the first breath.

Next thing I realise is the sound of the door being opened, my eyes jump to the tv noting the ending credits before jumping to the door. Damn I must have fallen asleep. I watch Byron step into the room, closing the door almost softly behind him, his face a blank mask. Jumping to my feet I stand my ground as he approaches, my courage has come back now I have some energy.

"Why did you cook for all of us?" His rude tone has me bristling and my sarcastic tongue replies before my brain can shut it up.

"Well I thought if you had proper food you wouldnt all feel the need to feast on my blood. Duh." I can only stare wide eyed as a range of emotions flick through Byron's eyes. A heartbeat later I am pinned to the mattress, his hard body pinning mine, I struggle even though I know its futile, my idiotic side seems to have come back along with my energy. His hands tightly grip my wrists, pinning them above my head, his thighs trapping my legs, every quick breath I take causes my chest to rub against his and gods help me but I liked it. What the hell is wrong with me. Stockholm syndrome much?

"I will, how did you put it ... oh yes, feast on your blood whenever I feel like it." He hisses, his eyes flashing with anger, his hands tightening painfully.

"I know that. I know what role a slave plays. I wanted to stop the others from looking at me like a damn blood bag." Damn honesty comes out when my emotions are in turmoil. My words seem to shock Byron as he cocks his head slightly, much like a dog, his grip on my wrists loosens just slightly but enough so that its not painful anymore.

"You dont object to me taking your blood?" He asks, one eyebrow raised.

"Of course I object. But I am not stupid. I know when and where to pick my fights."

"So you will fight me?" He whispers, leaning down, his lips brushing my neck.

"Damn right I will." I yank my wrists from his grip, bringing my knee up fast, as it connects I quickly push back, falling off the bed but jumping to my feet quickly. Not quickly enough. My back is slammed into the wall, Byron's body flush against mine, my skin heated with anger as he glares down at me, his hand wrapped around my throat as a warning. To hell with his warning. My palm connects with his cheek, his eyes burn with anger, my hand feeling like I just hit a wall, not someones face. Well crap. Byron roughly throws me to the floor, scrambling away on all fours, I get two feet away before a heavy weight pins me to the carpet, a strong hair yanking my head up using my hair. I bite my lip hard enough to taste the coppery metallic tang of blood. Cool breath fans over the side of my head, I shiver and feel Byron smile, his cheek brushing against my ear.

"Why do you fight little Lara. You know I can make you beg for it, make you become my slave in every sense of the word. You will become a mindless shell. Do you want me to do that Lara?" His voice whispers sinisterly in my ear, my body shivers.

"N ... n ... no ... master." I feel his lips touch my throat softly, my body betraying my mind, my body becomes soft and pliant under him, my nerves tingle in places I didnt know could.

"Good." He whispers against my skin, sounding distracted. It doesnt take long for me to realise what is distracting him. His fangs sink deeply into my neck, crying out I try to fight, his other hand grabs my wrist in warning as he growls against my skin, still feeding. I struggle harder until I feel and hear a sickening crack a heartbeat before pain blossoms from my wrist, distracting me from the pain at my neck. The pain is almost too much for me to deal with, then almost as if a veil is dropped over my eyes, the world becomes hazy, my heartbeat slowing, a strange calm coats my mind, the soothing black void embraces me like a long lost lover, my body giving in to the pain. I lose consciousness.