Chapter Eleven

I freeze, wondering what the hell compelled me to walk straight into the vampires den again. The huge vampires are all staring at me, shock evident on their faces, I forgot how intimidating they all are. Suddenly I am lifted into strong arms, squished against a hard chest as the world spins around, when the world settles I glance quickly up at Dylan's smiling face.

"Hey Dylan." I greet as I step out of his arms, facing the rest in the room as I notice Violet has seated herself behind the desk. Is she in charge now?

"Lara, I didnt expect to see you here again." Paul says as he pulls me into his embrace, I hug him back briefly before stepping away, not wanting to give him any false hope of us having some sort of relationship, but I am glad he is in a better mood from the last time I saw him, the long 5 months ago.

"I didnt expect to be back in all honesty Paul. Now Violet, what happened?" My blunt question causes Violets eyes to shoot to mine, her attention distracted from the phone in her hand, the hand that is shaking, her eyes bright with unshed tears. Pushing past Paul I race to her side, placing the phone down and pulling her into a tight hug, her body trembling, I didnt know vampires did human gestures. Glancing at the phone, the cause for Violets distress, the video on the screen paused. Going against my better judgement I pick up the phone just as the stranger with black hair grabs my hand. Freezing I look up at his face, instead of malice in his eyes I see concern, frowning at him, he speaks.

"I dont think you will want to see it. Name's Grant." He releases my hand and I look down at the offending phone, unsure of whether I should listen to his warning or find out what he is warning me about. In the end curiosity wins and I click the tempting play button, regretting it shortly after. As the video plays, Byron and Alex come into focus, limp, strapped upright against hard wood, blood dripping from both from wounds I cannot see, the men walking around brandishing crowbars and knives all have smiles on their faces, the audacity of their behaviour makes me feel physically sick. Their faces clear on the video, so cocky to think they wont be caught, memorising each face of the 6 men the video stops, dropping the phone onto the desk with numb fingers I look around the room, forcing my stomach to hold down the hot chocolate.

"Whats the plan?" I ask, gently squeezing Violets shoulder, her cool hand catches mine as she stands, giving me silent support which I will definately thank her for later.

"Any idea guys?" Violet asks, looking towards Paul, Dylan and Grant. Silence engulfs the room, my heartbeat sounding loud to my ears, Pauls voice breaks the silence.

"I'd say go in full attack, literally."

"Dont be stupid. Thats how we will fail. They have more numbers than us, they have the sunlight on their side. They will be expecting an attack." Violet berates Paul, we all fall silent again, my mind coming up with the stupidest but most logical plan, but knowing these lot they will be firmly against my idea.

Logically I am the only human who knows Byron and Alex, that I know of. I am the only one who can infiltrate the organisation without arousing suspicion. Hell, ive got to try.

Glancing at my watch I am shocked to see its 2am, no wonder my eyes feel dry and droopy and the yawn that attacks me comes at no surprise, tapping Violets hand gently her attention jumps to mine.

"Look, im not a night owl like you guys, any chance I can sleep here tonight. All this thinking is giving me a headache and ive still got 2 more shows to do."

"Your room is practically the way you left it. Your welcome to sleep there tonight, il leave some keys out in the kitchen for you in the morning." Violet replies, hugging me, before the others can catch me I quickly slalem out of the office, closing the door and breathing a sigh of relief. That much power in one room is difficult to handle for too long. Walking through the once familiar corridors I notice missing pictures, half moon tables moved, reaching 'my' door I press my hand against the familiar mahogany wood before I turn the handle and step into the dark room. My hand pulled by an invisible string to the light switch, taking a deep breath I flick the light on and immediately freeze. The room is exactly how I left it, except for a picture frame on the bed side table, facing the bed. Curious I walk softly over to the bed, sitting on the edge as I turn on the lamp and pick up the frame. My breath catches in my throat, nestled in the frame is quite a recent picture of me, sitting in my favourite coffee shop, holding a book with a hot chocolate with all the toppings on the table, my hair red, the colour I dyed it after 3 months of not being here anymore.