Chapter Sixteen

Alex's voice startles me, i push at Byrons chest insistantly as he growls, reappearing back on his side of the couch, muttering under his breath, words that i cannot hear but judging by the smile creeping across Alex's face, he heard. Alex bounds across the room like an excited puppy, jumping onto the sofa between Byron and myself and part of me thanks him and a surprising part of me dislikes being cut off from Byron, what is wrong with me.

"I can really dislike you sometimes brother." Byron half growls, sounding tired.

"You love me really brother and it will do you good to learn how to share." Alex shifts his arm and places it around my shoulders, pulling me tightly against his chest, i can just see Byrons face. his face changes from annoyance to rage in a blink of an eye, i glace up and see Alex grinning from ear to ear just as a frightening growl vibrates through Byron's throat. Byron launches to his feet, his hands curled into fists, glaring daggers at Alex, i jump to my feet, facing Alex i grab Byron's fists behind me, his body shaking slightly, his skin even cooler if that is possible.

"We are going to go to the bedroom Alex. we have some things to discuss. see you in the evening?" I quickly try to defuse the situation as one of Byron's hands grasps my hand tightly.

"Of course Lara, i shall bathe in your beauty tomorrow eve." Now it is my turn to glare at Alex at his obvious attempt to bait Byron, whose started growling quietly again.

"Know your place brother." Byron warns before quickly dragging me from the room and up a staircase, i focus on his back, feeling his anger radiating off of him. We walk quickly past a bedroom where i spy Yasmin tucked into a bed reading a book, smiling to herself, not noticing us as we continue down the hallway to the furthest room. Byron roughly pushes me into the room before closing the door, surprisingly softly, i catch myself, turning to glare at Byron but he walks past me, flicking on a lamp and closing the heavy drapes over the windows.

"Byron?" I ask quietly, suddenly my back is slammed against the wall, cushioned slightly by his large hand spread across my back, my gaze jumps to his as my breath leaves my body in a rush, i feel Byron's body almost shuddering against mine and i cant help but wonder what emotion is causing it.

"Who do you like?" The question throws me and i tilt my head, trying to understand what he means.

"What do you mean? i like lots of people." He steps away, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Out of Alex or myself who do you like more?" His quiet, almost dejected question causes more confusion as he walks away from me, seating himself on the edge of the double bed.

who do i like more? i like Alex, definately. but in what way? i look up to him more like an older brother, but then there was the occasion where he took my blood and i completely forgot who i was and i cant distinguish who caused my body to feel the way it did or was it just their overwhelming emotions after feeding that somehow changed how i felt? oh i dont know. But then there is Byron, the one who bought me like a common whore, was abusive but then again he did release me from the slave title but then he has also almost killed me 3 times. but there is a large part of me that has forgiven him for everything he has done, the stupid and reckless part of me that is just obsessed with his body and his eyes. Who do I like more?

Looking into Byron's purple eyes i am surprised when he looks to the floor, almost in fear of my answer. My body screams Byron but my mind screams Alex but what does my heart think? it loves this side of Byron, the sensitive side, but is this his true colours or is it an act and the usual angry Byron actually the real him? Do i take a risk and jump off of this fence and hope and pray i can walk away with my life if it is the wrong decision?