Chapter 1: Panama

Author's note: Okay, first of all: Thanks for having a look at my story. The first chapters will be flashbacks from the Panamanian jail, just like in the game. Feel free to Point out grammar or spelling mistakes. I really want to correct them. Thank you and have fun;)

"Hey, hey, easy, man, easy."

The guard violently pushed me through a door inside a completely black room."Enjoy the next week in darkness, sweetheart.", he said grinned devilishly.

"I will, thank you very much. ", I responded sarcastically.

He ignored my comment and slammed the door. Everything went black instantly.

"Oh shit", I say to myself. "Nathan will be pissed."

"Oh, I don't know. Will he?", I heard a voice. Out of instinct I punched in the direction, from where I heard it. My hand found it's target and I heard a muffled scream.

"Ouch! Jo, what was that for?", Nathan asked.

"I'm sorry, but you scared me. I thought I was alone."

He chuckled "Well, I am pissed. You shouldn't be in here. You were supposed wait in the court with Sam and wait for me to come back."

"Yes, that was what I wanted to do until I heard two guards talking about you. One called you a dumb ass, so I punched him in the face. I guess it will be no problem for Vargas to bring the two of us to the tower."

"I hope so. But despite me being really proud of you for defending me, you shouldn't have done it. They could have hit you and worse." Nathan insisted.

"Hey, I can handle myself very well."

"But nevertheless you ended up here."

"Yeah, but I did well until the backup arrived. By the way, why are you in here?"

"Err....I may have been the one starting a fist fight with this bald guy. You know? He wanted to murder me a few days ago."

"What?! You started a fight with Gustavo? How are you still alive?

"Well, I was escorted in this fancy hotel room."

"And how long are you in here yet?"

"A few days, I guess. Kinda lost count."

"Okay so that's why you smell so good"

"Ha ha, very funny. Wait a few days and you'll smell even better."

I laughed. "I hope Vargas hurries."

"Yeah me too. It was really boring."

-------------------------------------------------------

I was half asleep, when the door finally opened and Vargas told us to come with him. "Where are we going?", Nathan asked. "Surprise.", Vargas responded.

He and his colleague handcuffed both of us and lead us through the prison.

After passing a few gates we ended up in an underground corridor. We heard screaming and the sound of someone being hit at. When we were lead around a corner we saw two guards violently punching a prisoner. He was already laying on the ground, bleeding from several wounds. It seemed completely okay for Vargas and he just went pass the three persons. I quickly decided, what to do. Before the guard could react I grabbed his gun, my hands still tied up. While he tried to catch me, I jumped as high as I could and quickly moved my hands from behind my back to my chest by moving them under my feet, while I was in the air. I immediately hit my personal guard unconscious and turned around to the two, that were beating up the other prisoner. Just that only one was still standing. Nathan must have had the same idea as I and was about to take the first one out, while I beat the other one senseless. I knelt down to the prisoner. "Oh dear god, you need a doctor. No. No. Stay down. Don't move. I'll patch you up." He clearly was in pain and I had to help him. I quickly ripped a piece of the guards shirt and pressed it on the prisoners forehead, where he was bleeding the most. He hissed in pain.

"We don't have time for this", Vargas interrupted.

"We have to!", I shouted back."We can't leave him here."

Nathan got between us. "Guys, why don't we handle it this way: Vargas leads me to the cell and I see what I can find, while you help him and take him to a doctor. After that Vargas releases both of us."

"Okay fine. Now hurry, Drake!", Vargas responded.

"All right.", I said. "See you in a few. Be careful."

"As always.", he responded smiling as he headed off.

-------------------------------------------------------

After I stopped the bleeding on the prisoners forehead (he passed away due to the pain). I waited until he awoke again, because he was too heavy for me to carry. A few minutes later he weakly opened his eyes.

"Hey, hey, look at me. Stay awake."

"I....I'm okay", he answered.

"Can you walk?"

"I think so. Yes."

I helped him up and supported him on the way to the hospital. After I told the doctor what happened to him, I made my way to the entrance of the prison to wait for Nathan and Vargas.

After about half an hour they eventually showed up. Vargas really enjoyed kicking us out and calling us names in Spanish.

"Ah, finally seeing the sky again.", Nathan said.

"Yeah, let's find Sam."

After a few minutes of aimlessly walking around, we finally found him gambling with some other people, he probably just met.

"Did you find anything?",I asked.

"Yeah, I did in fact."

"This is it. The clue we were searching for.", Sam said.

"Yeah, you said it. We did this. You, me and Jo. And now this rich asshole comes along and-"

I cut Nathan off. "He's not an asshole. For how long did we wanted to go in here? Rafe made it possible."

He just brushed it off. "We have another problem."

"A problem?", Rafe interrupted us. "Did he led you into the old prison?"

"Yeah, after he read the letter.", Nathan answered.

"Shit."

"So how much does he know", Rafe asked.

"Enough for a share in the treasure.", Nathan admitted.

"So what do we do?", I asked.

"I'll work it out with Vargas.", Rafe put a hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry, Jo, it will be all fine." Our eyes met, which caused me to shudder. I had to admit, that I had a crush on Rafe for a few weeks.

Nathan and I met when he was fifteen. My father, Sully, and I were in a museum in Columbia, when we met Nathan. I was only twelve years old, but I knew that Nathan would grow to be a real friend to me and a godson to my father. When we got back to America, I met Sam for the first time.

After a few years we started our journey to search for Avery's treasure. That was when I met Rafe. I immediately had a crush on him, that lasted till today. All my wishes disappeared, when our eyes met. I only wanted to be with him.

"Jo?....Jo??", I hear Nathan's voice.

"Eh....yes? What's up?"

"Let's go somewhere, where no one listens. I need to tell the three of you about the clue."

"I'm coming."