Chapter 10: Scotland (again)

--------------------------------------on the plane---------------------------------------------------

"Uhm, Sully?"

"Yes, Jo?", he answered.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" He nodded and Nate left the cockpit. I sat down insecurely.

"I just wanted to tell you something: It's no big deal that you are not my biological father. You will always be my Dad. But what really upsets me is the fact that you kept it from me for so long."

"I know, Jo. It was a mistake. I should have told you years ago. I am sorry."

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For telling me now."

We kept silent for a moment.

"Do you know anything about my mother? Or my real father?"

"I'm afraid no. But we can find out if you want. You can meet your parents."

"Thank you ... But I want you to know, that whoever my parents are, they can never replace you. I already have a family: the best in the world. You, Nathan, Elena and even Sam again. That's all I ever wanted and more than I will ever need."

"I would hug you, Jo, but unfortunately we would crash into the ocean, if I did so."

I laughed. "I can feel you virtual hug and hug you back virtually."

"You two are completely insane.", Nathan shouted from the back of the plane, while we heard Sam laughing.

After a few hours, my father landed the plane on the water at the coast of Scotland. Sam, Nathan and I went ashore, while Sully would wait for us in the plane. We climbed our way up to the graveyard of Saint Dismas Cathedral and searched for Avery's grave. It took us some time, but eventually Nathan found it.

"This is it. Avery's sigil and the years of his birth and death.", Nathan stated. "But the skull should be facing sideways." He turned it to the right and a tunnel opened in front of us.

"Let's see what we got.", Nathan said as we entered.

We went through the tunnel and reached a cave.

"Woah, the gang's all here."

Nathan was right. In the middle of the cave we could spot Saint Dismas, Jesus and the "Jerk-Thief", how Nathan decided to call him. We solved the puzzle, so the door could be opened and reached a huge wall of glass, which we used to identify our next target. A cave in a cliff, nearby three crosses.

"I think Avery's trying to tell us where to go next."

"Well, then let's go there.", I said.

"There's just one problem with that: Going back that way means we have to go back towards the cathedral.", Sam pointed out.

"Towards Rafe.", I sighed. "Why does this asshole always have to be around?"

"You don't have to do this, Jo.", Nathan started a speech, but I interrupted him: "It's not a problem. If we run into him, I'll just punch him in the face."

"That's my girl!", Nathan chuckled, while Sam looked surprised.

I didn't knew where I suddenly got all this confidence, but I was happy about it. I was tired hiding and avoiding him. It was time for me to face him and tell him, that he will no longer treat me this way.

We made or way to the cathedral by climbing (a lot). After about half an hour, we ran into Nadine's men. Luckily it didn't take much time to get rid of them. We went on, solved another puzzle, climbed again and eventually reached a hall. It the middle of it was a table with a pair of scales on it.

On the right pan were laying a few bronze-coloured coins, on the left was another cross.

"There it is.", Sam shouted. "Our next clue." He was about to grab the cross, but Nathan stopped him.

"It is the only thing of worth in this room. It is a test. Avery was recruiting. He didn't want the greedy ones to be in his gang. I'm pretty sure it is a trap."

He took one of the coins from the other pan and suddenly there was an orange light, painting a map on the floor.

"Madagascar.", I stated. "King's bay. That's where we are supposed to be heading next."

"Shit, so no treasure yet. Dammit!", Sam shouted.

"Hey, hey, I'm sure we'll make it in time.", Nathan said.

All of a sudden we heard footsteps approaching. It was Nadine and her men. They pointed their guns at us and we went a few steps back.

"Rafe?", Nadine yelled in her walkie-talkie. "I got them."

We heard Rafe's hissing answer. "Don't kill them now. This will be my privilege. Wait for me there."

"So, King's Bay.", Nadine spoke to us again. "Where exactly?"

"It's said in a message in the cross.", Nathan said, pointing to the scale-pan.

"Get me the Crucifix!", Nadine yelled at one of the men.

"Actually, it's not a Crucifix.", I pointed out. "It's just called Crucifix, if-"

"Never mind.", Nathan interrupted me and pulled me back from the breaking ground. He has been right: it was a trap. The man, who grabbed the cross, activated it. The floor started to collapse and just in the moment before I could fall down, Nathan grabbed my waist and pulled me back, which caused us to fall on the ground. I rubbed my head, which I hit on the floor. I could still feel Nathan's hand at my waist and blushed.

"Come on, princess, I don't want to need to save you again." He offered me his hand and I accepted.

"I don't need saving. I had everything under control."

"Yeah, except, that you would have fallen to your death, if it wasn't for me."

"When you two are finally done flirting, we should maybe go now.", Sam interrupted us.

"We weren't flirting.", I said, partly trying to convince myself.

"Yeah, yeah, no one cares just go!", he shouted as Nadine's men begun firing at us.

We fought our way through half the island, until we finally reached the coast, where Sully was waiting for us in the plane.

Sam already jumped into the ocean and swam to my father, while Nate was still shooting mercenaries. He hid behind a stone and reloaded his gun. I happened to look behind him, where I saw a man, that apparently followed us the whole time. When he shot, I didn't hesitate: I jumped between Nathan and the bullet, that was about to hit his head. I felt an intense pain and everything went black.

Author's note: Hello again! Another chapter! Yay;) Maybe I should have used the time to study, but ... I just couldn't help myself :D Sorry for the cliffhanger :P I will update around next week again (hopefully). See you then :)