Chapter 17: Elena

–-----------------------Nathan's point of view------------------------

"Let's get out of here."

Jo started the engine.

Quickly, you need to get a hold somewhere. Hold her waist? Is that okay for her? I mean, it was, when we drove away from the truck, but I didn't had any other choice then. So should I?

I summoned all my courage and grabbed her waist. She didn't say anything, so I guessed she was okay with it. She just began to drive, but I could tell, that she was feeling comfortable. I carefully leaned against her, resting my head on her shoulder.

She smelled of dirt and blood and sweat, but I loved it. I knew this smell from every other adventure, we shared.

God, how I missed it.

I felt her hair on my cheek being moved by the wind. This hair, she never really was able to control. It always looked a little messy, but if I had the chance to change it, I wouldn't change it. To me it was perfect, she was perfect.

Josephine Theodora Avery, I have fallen in love with you.

I really needed to tell her. Maybe she even reciprocates my feelings.

But even if she does not, I just want her to know. It would be hard for me to let her go, but it would be okay.

I looked into the sky. It was orange and yellow as the sun was setting by now. I held onto Jo and closed my eyes. Although we had to drive around many bends, I was completely relaxed. Normally I was a little scared, when I was driving the motorcycle, but with Jo driving, it was different. I completely trusted her. It was like she was my second half. Without her, I felt lost, incomplete, unhappy.

And, if she is going to reject me, she will still be my dearest friend, but, God, I hope she loves me, too.

I opened my eyes again. The sun had already setted and Jo was now driving towards a motel, where her father was waiting. I waved at him and Jo stopped the motorcycle. I was a little disappointed, that the ride was already over and got off the motorcycle. Jo followed and we went to Sully. Sam joined us.

"So, you all made it out okay?", Sully asked.

"It appears so, yes.", Jo answered.

"By the way, how did you got away from all these mercenaries?", I asked.

"You know, when you're as old as I am, you will understand how much easier it is to hide. They just completely overlooked me.", Sully chuckled.

"Lucky you."

"So, deus quod licentia. We're searching for a pirate-utopia, guys.", Sam said. "We found Libertalia!"

"Liber-what?", Sully asked.

"Libertalia.", I said. "Seems like Avery founded the legendary pirate colony."

"And what about the treasure?"

"See, as the story goes, the place provided a safe-heaven for hundreds maybe even thousands of pirates. And they shared everything. They kept all their money in one place.", Sam explained.

"Okay, so where is this pirate-utopia?", Jo asked.

"Right here.", I answered. I had localized Libertalia, with the help of the sketches in my diary. "That island. Just north-east of King's Bay."

We headed towards our apartment and I opened the door.

"But if Rafe has a copy of this ...", Jo started, but I interrupted.